xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
alessi

Making Educational Game 3d game, like walking in country

Please, i would like to make a progra/game like walking in a country, visiting houses. Specially church is in my mind. with some music(in church religious)..... or, but its not so important - meeting people and talking with them. I cant say, but something between RPG and adventure, maybe with some small missions like finding cross, or old pergamen.... but in 3D. Maybe i can download some 3d models from net, so 3d modeling is not required for this tool. Just engine - with physics, colisions detect, maybe water effect, but not so important, then i need no so many programming, something like drag@drop making game. Output is a standalone app.Could you help me please? i am looking for FREE software.

Edited by alessi (see edit history)

If you expect a 3d game it will end up being pretty complicated no matter what route you take. If you are willing to drop to a 2d game then the rpg maker series would liekly be able to handle everything you want but visually it is far below appealing lol. The programs lancer mentioned are probaly a safe bet if 3d is a requirement but again, it is safe to say that it will be a bigger undertaking then you are expecting just from the tone of your post. Make sure to understand that anything involving 3d game design will involve a solid learning time and time commitment to developement regardless of how much is done prior to your edits.

I would suggest using java to make your game. First off it can run on all platforms (so not only windows users can use it), it's portable so it can be stored on a flash drive and it can be very easy to make a simple game. There is lots of support on the Sun forums for getting started. One downside is going from a basic 3d game to an advanced one is incredibly hard especially if you were using other people's classes for the basic one. Another downside is that generally Java games are slower on computers then native ones (c++ est). C++ has some good websites to learn 3d. I will put some links to some sites, once you complete the tutorials you will be able to make a basic C++ 3d game.
nehe

I would suggest using dev c++ for your free compiler that is if the company name (Bloodshed) doesn't bother you.
Dev C++

As for modeling, I have looked high and low for a good modeler and was disappointed. You could give Blender a try. But personally I think Blender is very hard to use in comparison to other commercial soft wares.

Good luck,
Sparkx

Hello,Once I have read about a website doing this kind of stuff but not like an external program. I think it was a web page like secondlife. You can construct an online place where you can travel online.. I will look for it. I will let you know when I found it.. Thank you.