xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
shotgun

Iphone 3g || To Buy Or Not To Buy?

Hi guys, well you know i'm about to buy a new cell phone, and of course the option of buy and Iphone 3g is availible but I don't know if by this money I could get something better. I know for example, that Nokia N95, is much more equiped than Iphone, but I think that is hard to carry, and is not touch screen. So putting on the table a phone that is for every day, and no difficult to carry what options can you give me? Greetings

I often talk on another forum (my old uni one) and there are a couple of guys who heavily discuss this all the time. I'll post a few links to some of their suggestions.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

http://gizmodo.com/5014419/samsung-instinct-review-best-sprint-or-samsung-phone-ever

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Sorry about the messy links. It's getting late here (UK) so I can't be bothered to make them all neat and tidy.

Hope this helps!

Me being the geek that I am, got an iPhone 3G. Now it may seem a bit pricy but after the down payment on the phone itself it was an add of $30 on my current bill. I think its a great phone and I personally think it's the best phone I've had so far.

I've owned...

LG VX7000

LG VX4500

Some crappy Motorola phone I had with T-Mobile ( D: )

Sidekick 2

Sony Ericsson w580i

Nokia 6133

and now, THE iPHONE

I love the app store *cough* and that I can get my ringtones free by making them in garage band *cough*

I think you should get it. But, thats just my opinion "/

It really depends on the pricing in your region. In some region is a good buy, in others it's ridiculously too expensive to upkeep the phone. Oh, and in some regions the phone is locked; while others are unlocked. So it's really up to you.xboxrulz

It's surprising how many people jumped onto the iPhone, claiming that it's the functionality and not the brand they want. PDAs have been around for so long, with their price going down all the time. They offer basically anything you'd want en-route without carrying a lap- or net-book with you. But people still insist iPhone is unique.

I for one instance think it's cumbersome, it's UI is unintuitive, and configurability is sub par. With precision offered by a stylus I got used to so well, I think the finger driven control is suitable only for basic music, picture and phone capabilities whereas everything else is a pain to handle. Also the software limitations the iPhone has by design, inability of the owner to download and install any software he desires, and a price completely inadequate to the functions you receive, turn me down completely.

Summarizing, I think it's the touch-pad alone that people not interested in the brand are so mad about, the function that among all others has already been available in PDAs. Could those cautious byers who got iPhone just because it was available for a lesser price from their GSM providers please tell me what are the possible advantages of iPhone versus Asus P535 for example?

If you want a phone just because it's a hype, then you definately must get the iPhone 3G. However, there are a lot of other mobile phones that have exactly the same functionality and cost less than the iPhone 3G, sometimes you even get more for less. I consider having a smartphone with windows mobile and advantage because there are a lot more (free) applications available and you are not tight to Apple.ps. things are a bit different when you get an abo with your mobile operator, here it'll depend on what abo you want.

The Iphone does have some great features and looks really sleek etc but I think it has been over hyped and many of my friends have bought the phone only to regret it later (it is on the expensive side).There are many other smart phones out there to consider.The battery life on the Iphone is not great compared to some of its competitors.