xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
shotgun

Google Apps

Well I suppose many of you know this feature about google, but for those who don't this will be very helpful because this feature lets you among other thing, create email accounts with whateveryouwant@yourdomain.com for free.  

What is most important is that you use the GMail interface to your account, and you can even change some things, like the picture that appears by default of GMail in the top-left corner of the page.

You can also create a default iGoogle page for all the users of your domain, and share Docs, Calendar Events, etc.

To add this app, you have to own a Google Account, then google the word "google apps", open the first link.

There, put your domain in the top-right corner, and finally add the aplication, after some questions, and showing that the domain is yours, you'll have Google Apps in working for your site.

If you have some problems adding the application please post here, so I can help you, but as I said before, is just a simple process.

Here I leave you some pictures of the App with my site:

(It's in spanish, but you can get main idea)

Google Apps own Start Page

Google Apps own email account

I hope this was helpful for you, Greetings :mellow:

And some more practical reasons you might want to employ Google Apps:

Insanely good spam-filters (used several e-mail providers in my life, but found nothing better)

You will be saving your bandwidth, as mails will be going to gmail servers

Depending on what web host provider you employ, this solution might give you better control over you mail system (multiple accounts, passwords, access privileges, redirections, etc.)

It's easy to setup so just give it a try and see for yourself. Edited by xerxes (see edit history)