xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Merovingian

Iweb

Hello, I'm a new user to this forum (as well as the free hosting thing) and I had a question. Does this site support iweb? I've been building my site using that app and was hoping I could use that and upload my data to Xisto.

iWeb will publish your pages into a folder, then you just simply upload it to Xisto. iWeb is just another web designing software for the Mac platform. Please try it yourself. Unfortunately I can't confirm this since I do not use this software, even though it was bundled w/ the system.xboxrulz

I;ve never heard of IWeb. Is it any good? How does it compare to Dreamweaver, Microsoft Word, and other Web Designing Programs?

I would like to point out that Microsoft Word is not a web designing program, it is a word processor. I mean, it can export MSHTML and "clean" HTML pages, but it is not considered web designing software.
Now as for iWeb, I have briefly looked at the program and I don't seem to like it much. i prefer to create my pages using HTML and CSS along with other web technologies. Dreamweaver is sort of a WYSIWYG program, but you can still write your own HTML in it. I don't have Dreamweaver at home, I prefer just writing code in Notepad++.

Thanks guys. When I get enough credits, I'll have a go at uploading my page. I made a similar version using DreamWeaver but I though the iWeb version looked better. I'm not experienced in site building but I want to learn (one day perhaps). Using iWeb seemed a bit quicker and better aimed at someone with my particular skills. Thanks once again!