xisto Community
Mitch666Holland

Wamp Server Problems [solved]

im trying to learn php and i downloaded the wamp server, installed it and such. but when i tried to put it online it wouldnt do so. ive tried to change the port skype is on/ or uses (still didnt work) tested port 80, said i didnt actually use port 80. im not sure what else to do if any one can help me to fix this that would be great :mellow:

I think port 80 is a default closed port for some modems and routers, you need to go to the router (type in your IP) if a router/modem page pops up then you need to do some configuring and you will NOT be able to access your site from your home network. I have never actually gotten this to work on my modem from quest but you may also want to try localhost. If your site appears it's a network error and not your computer (however since it's a windows computer it might some glitch). If it still doesn't work you need to edit httpd.conf and change the port to another port (reminder when changing ports the url changes to url:port ex port 8080 becomes localhost:8080. If it works then you may need to try port 80 from a computer not attached to your network (that is if you have a router).If you still can't get it to work please post if you have a router or modem and what type of firmware it uses. This will allow people to help you better.Thanks,Sparkx

im not on any router, sorry im not really good with comps ive been using one for only 7-8 months so im still learning but im into programing and games.i have dsl and a motorola modem i did get it to go online, but none of the default pages work in my browser like phpMyAdmin ect.. in internet explorer the page cant be found and in firefox 3 its just blank

It's usually a problem that something is blocking the way to you, try using a different port for testing purposes or something like that, but usually it should work. :mellow:

Need help

Wamp Server Problems

Hi

I have installed Wampserver 5 and Oracle too.

But when I launch Wampserver and type localhost in the browser.It opens a page related to Oracle.

Means that it open local host for ORacle...

Help me Please

-question by adnan

i have a problem in the wamp server

Wamp Server Problems

Hello I really do have a big problem in the wamp server that when I type LOCALHOST/index.Php for example it gives me page cannot be displayed and I am really confused that I don't know what to do

-reply by salsa

wamp server problemWamp Server Problems

Hello I really do have a big problem in the wamp server that when I type LOCALHOST/index.Php for example it gives me page cannot be displayed and I am really confused that I don't know what to do 

-reply by sujan

WampServer problems???... :o

This software named WampServer install a complete Windows Webserver in your local computer. By Default the WampServer comes with an awful configuration.

I recommend you that you open an free account in and Free Web Hosting, preferibly http:http://0fees.us/ once you are in your Cpanel you have to click on "PHP Info" where all the 0fees.net paramethers are shown.

Start your Wampserver...Click the Wamp server icon closer than watch and click on "PHP" here you have to change the Wampserver´s configuration and put it exactly than 0fees.net configuration.

Once you have made this, prove your scripts again...And you will tell me...

Bye and Good Luck.

Mitch666Holland, in this topic, asked for help.

You reply saying that 0fees.net people know their job.

You don't answer the question.

If you think that the solution is "php info" please post the solution here.

If you don't want to post the solution, please avoid spoiling this topic.

Moreover, I'm pretty sure you are wrong, I'm sure the problem is not inside the php configuration, but inside the Apache configuration. In that case, the solution would be correctly configuring the listening port, replacing localhost with the Internet name of the Wamp Server machine.

Active Server Pages errorWamp Server Problems

hi all,

I have installed WAMP server on window xp o/s, but when I clicked on localhost option from the server menu I am getting the following error in the browser

"Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0201'

Invalid Default Script Language

The default script language specified for this application is invalid."

Please somebody help me out of this problem

suneel 

-reply by suneel

When i give IP Address my server shows 403 access forbiddenWamp Server ProblemsI am unable to open my server in browser thru my IP... Only locahost is running...Pls help me out... 

When i give IP Address my server shows 403 access forbidden

Wamp Server Problems

I am unable to open my server in browser thru my IP... Only locahost is running...

Pls help me out... 

Depending on your dls router, you might not be able to open a qualified domain name for an machine on the internal network. The only way around this is to use a web proxy to confirm your able to access your pages.

This happens with a number of different dls routers. IF you cannot access your pages from an external source, then you need to configure port forwarding on your router to forward whatever ports you are using (usually 80), to the internal network IP of the machine your using. This will mean you need to have a static IP address on the machine you have the lamp stack on.

As a side note, i downloaded wamp, installed it on my vista box, forwarded ports from my router to the correct IP, checked firewall settings to confirm they allowed both inbound and outbound trafic on said ports and was able to access everything internally and externally without a hitch.

If you're still having trouble, post again with as much details as you can outlining the procedures you have followed, with install and configuration of your network. Oh and don't forget to check your file permissions, I am not sure how pedantic apache will be in windows about permissions, but it might be an area for trouble.

Edited by The_Fury (see edit history)

When i give IP Address my server shows 403 access forbidden

Wamp Server Problems

I am unable to open my server in browser thru my IP... Only locahost is running...

Have a look at the apache server setting, namely the "listen" parameters. Very often, the "Listen" parameter, which is the address on which the server is listening on, is "localhost", this means that the apache server is listening only on the "localhost" port.

If you want the server to listen to the true IP address, you must put this IP address instead of localhost at the Listen parameter. If you have a dynamic IP address, put your PC name, or change the IP address in the Listen parameter each time your IP changes...

Yes, as Fury told its the router's problem, it is blocking the IP address and shows 403 error. As told check the IP on proxy website or check from external source (other PC).
And to check if ports are forwarded use this website. To solve the problem of dynamic IP get no-ip subdomain and install their software to update the latest IP to the sub domain.

By the way I would like to ask a question. My router administration control panel doesn't allow to specify port forward on individual ports, there is only DMZ host, which opens all the ports. And I am too the in same problem, the router blocks the IP, so I have to use proxy website to check the website online. I have specified my internal static IP for the DMZ host. Since all ports are open, there is lot of risk of attacks. I am using good firewall. So are the firewalls enough or are there any other loop holes which DMZ leaves open?