xisto Community
Maxfelgar

Cpanel Isn't Working.

I went on vacation for a week starting last Saturday, and when I came back yesterday I discovered two things. 1. The template I had on my website 'disappeared'. All my text and links are still there, but the template is gone.2. I can't enter the cPanel. When I try to enter it says some ip (if you need it I'll give it to you, I think it's 60. something) has timed out. I tried it several times with the same result. If you're wondering, yes I DO have enough hosting credits, and I had more than enough while I was on vacation.I tried to enter my webmail, and it too was down. A friend who went on my website while I was away says that the template disappeared on Friday (two days ago), so I don't know if it was a mass thing, or just me. Any help (especially from a Moderator or Administrator) would be greatly appreciated.

I noticed it to. I just signed up for Xisto - Web Hosting and its "supposed Instant setup". I got the following message when I went to sign in to the Cpanel:

Great Success ! Apache is working on your cPanelŽ and WHM⢠Server
If you can see this page, then the people who manage this server have installed cPanel and WebHost Manager (WHM) which use the Apache Web server software and the Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl) successfully. They now have to add content to this directory and replace this placeholder page, or else point the server at their real content.

ATTENTION!

If you are seeing this page instead of the site you expected, please contact the administrator of the site involved. (Try sending an email to <webmaster@domain>.) Although this site is running cPanel, WebHost Manager, and Apache software it almost certainly has no other connection to cPanel Inc. or the Apache Group. Please do not send mail about this site or its contents to cPanel Inc. or the Apache Group.

About cPanel:

cPanel is a leading provider of software for the webhosting industry. If you would like to learn more about cPanel please visit our website at http://cpanel.com/. Please be advised that cPanel Inc. is not a web hosting company, and as such has no control over content found elsewhere on this site.

About Apache HTTP Server:

The Apache HTTP Server is an open source web server which powers many of the worlds web sites. The Apache HTTP server is part of the Apache Group's many influential projects. Their efforts have helped shape much the world wide web, and they continue to be a dominating force in the web hosting industry.

I dont no why it is like that AND IF YOU HAVENT NOTICED: Xisto IS DOWN. You cant access the forum, only the main page. Please, if someone could help us both it would be appreciated!

I payed for instant setup and I hope I can sign in soon!!!

Maxflegar,

It seems to me that your CSS file is missing. Your site referrs to

[url=http://neuromagnum.spacesocket.com/main.css]http://neuromagnum.spacesocket.com/main.css[/url]

for CSS files which does not exist. So it's not that your "template" is gone but your css file is not loading. It's always a good practice to have your own css file rather than hotlinking from someone else.

miikerocks,

Xisto forum and your hosting are in two different servers--therefore one does not affect the other when it comes to up or down time. And I'm not sure what you mean by

payed (paid) for instant setup

when Xisto and Xisto are free web hosting servers.
Once I can establish database connection to Xisto forum I'll know more about your account status.

Ok, thanks a lot. That must be it. It was my friends template and he emailed me telling me he shut down his site, so that must be it. I'll get my own CSS now, thanks a lot :mellow:.Edit: One problem. If I can't access my cpanel, how do I change the css?

Edited by Maxfelgar (see edit history)

Can you use a FTP client program to connect to your hosting? I'm trying to figure out if you cannot access cpanel due to IP block or wrong password. By connecting with a FTP client you can find out if your password is correct or not.If your password is incorrect use the Manage page to reset your cpanel password.

Try accessing your cpanel by going through one of those proxy servers. Do not enter your login and password. What you are looking for is if you are able to see the login pop-up when using a proxy server.If you do see the login box, contact Xisto - Support and submit a support ticket asking if your IP is listed under the ban list. Provide Xisto - Support with your true IP address.

I don't really have any problems accessing my account at Xisto CPanel, it seems to work, I use mydomain.com:2082 to access it and I don't have any problems, just wanted to add this. :mellow:

Sorry... but one more question. What do I enter into the url box? I'm REALLY sorry about all the questions, and I know I'm a newb :mellow:. Thanks for your help guys.

Inside the url box, you remove the three letters www and you type "yourname.astahost.com/cpanel" (without the quotes).Of course, you don't really type "yourname", you type your site name, maybe it's Maxfelgar

youhide is not showing your login screen well. That's why you're getting that message.

Try using freeproxyserver{dot}net.

When you enter your domain/cpanel you will see the following screen:

Connection Selection ....
If you are not behind a firewall that blocks port 2082
Enter Here

If you are behind a firewall and can not connect to port 2082
Enter Here

This was installed since the recent server migration. OpaQue anticipated that some members would like to access their account from other places than the norm. Click on the second box (If you are behind a firewall and "cannot" connect to port 2082) and you should see the next screen asking for your login and password.

NOTICE: Do Not enter your login and password! This is a test to see if you can access your site via other than your location. Once you can see the login screen, visit Xisto - Support{dot}com and submit a support ticket to ask if your true IP has been placed under the ban list.

To find your true IP, visit whatsmyip{dot}org. You will see your IP address in big bold numbers at the top.