xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Flamez

Parse PHP And Display PHP Generated Output How do you display your php output?

I will start writing my php files soon and would want to know how to see my output file(what it looks like). I have installed apache and when i put in the address for it, it just shows me my coding. How can i display what i have actually done without having to use my hosting service. I want to test it first?A little confused on that.

well :D did you make sure the php file is a php file?first rename the file, then open it in notepad, then save as, and name is whatever you want.. but make sure it ends with .php.. something like this:My_File.phpthen try. also make sure you didn't forget the <?php tag in the beginning and the?> tag in the end :mellow:one of those may be the problem. if Not, Ill try to figure out something else :o

It works with another php file that i got off a friend (who makes php scrips etc)but that just shows me the whole script not the actual thing.Is there any other way of which i can perform the task?Another server or something?

Edited by Flamez (see edit history)

You didn't specify if you installaed the PHP engine with Apache in your original post. If you don't, then your PHP scripts won't work. This is the reason people use package such as WAMP (Windows Apache MySQL and PHP).

It is basically what you had before but with all of the required software packaged together.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that you have a working solution.

vujsa