xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
JohnNitro

What I Learned About Dark Knight movie review

“Batman Dark Knight” POW BAM SMACK it was greatQuick Movie Review:“Batman Dark Knight” delivery’s what we have all wanted to see in a Batman movie for years. Dark Knight is the tale of Batman meeting The Joker, surrounded by other crime bosses which are a part of all this madness we call Gotham. Batman, James Gordon and Harvey Dent join forces to take on the crime syndicates ruining Gotham. Then along comes to Joker and adds a new twist to there plans causing even more mayhem and carnage. This is a great action movie that will satisfy an action juke and a batman comics fan as well or both mix up to make one person that likes both, lol. You know what I mean by that. To see the full review click the link below and see what I think of this masterpiece of a movie. If the short version wasn’t enough to satisfy your Bat Taste. bwahahahahahaWho are the main characters:Christian Bale-Bruce Wayne / BatmanHeath Ledger-The JokerAaron Eckhart-Harvey Dent / Two-FaceMichael Caine-Alfred PennyworthMaggie Gyllenhaal-Rachel DawesGary Oldman-Lt. James GordonMorgan Freeman-Lucius FoxWhat makes it so good:This is by far one of the best Batman movies of all time, other then the Batman as Micheal Keaton. The storyline is amazing from start to finish, and it delivery’s a POW to your system. Christian Bale is great as Bruce Wayne playboy rich guy, as Batman well just keep reading to see what I have to say. The Joker played by the late (which sucks) Heath Ledger, was simply fantastic. He took the Joker persona and made it so real that you couldn’t believe your eyes at what you just saw. Lt. Gordon and Harvey Dent played by Gary Oldman and Aaron Eckhart great performances that made the movie. Two face was great Aaron did a great job with this character, just sucked he fell and died, would have loved to see him in the next Batman as Two face.What made is bad:Nothing that big but still something that bugged me. Batman’s voice, I feel he over exaggerated the depth voice. He like he was trying to hard to sound different, just didn’t feel normal or as if it fit Batman.“Batman Gotham Knight”This anime of Batman was made as an interlocking story. The voice acting for Batman in this anime was perfect. If he would have tried to get his voice to sound more like that then I would not have anything bad to say, but really it’s a small thing so whatever I loved the movie.Another thing that kind of sucked but was not that bad was killing Two Face, I think he would have been great to have in the next installment. He played a big part in this movie, yet we did see old faces playing small roles such as Scare Crow which played a small part in the beginning and then that was that.The action and POW:This movie had a lot of it and then some. From Batman flying in the are to his car transforming into a batcycle, the explosions, trucks flipping over and all the other good stuff. I love the sense where the joker shows a magic trick, if you know what I’m talking about “WOW” is all I can say. Then when he blow up the hospital and some bombs didn’t go off so he keep clicking it till BOOM. LOL, this movie and all the characters make me want to watch it a few more times. You need to see the actions and the POW it’s hard to explain and really it’s just more fun to see it.Why so serious? This is The Jokers phrase that you will hear him say along with his stories and great psycho comedy he portrays through his acting. Great, fun and scary insane.Overall: The movie is a must see once twice three times if you as me. The Joker was just fantastic and perfect if not for a lack of better words. Batman (Christian Bale)did what he had to do in this movie and it turned out great. Really to make to the point this movie ROCKED, it delivered the POW SMACK BAM BOOM that we all have been waiting for. Once you see it you will know what I’m saying.Thanks for reading,-JohnNitrofor more reviews check out losangelesmagazine.net

I just want to add that, as well as being an awesome movie, the soundtrack is some fine work by Hans Zimmer (and James Newton Howard, apparently), it really adds just the right level of creepiness to the right moments and brings out the far more sinister side to a lot of the characters. As a side note, there's been plenty of talk of a third film to add to the current two, with the Riddler being the main villain for the next one (quick linky I found). Definitely on my "to-watch" list.

The Dark Knight... I am thinking it is the 2008 version of Batman. I am only saying it because of the possibility and popularity of Batman Begins. It is the new generation movie series, and I believe they are using the comic approach to the Joker this time. He is more dark and sarcastic, instead of spray painting over famous paintings, and little gag pranks.I have not seen it yet, but have read a lot about it already. I guess I will have to wait for DVD, but I do have a 50inch plasma... nice little mini-theater. So I am impressed with a lot of the Marvel and other series.... Daredevil, Elektra, Punisher, Fantastic Four series, Batman and I am sure many others. I love the new CG additions... like if there were a new Terminator remake. No more rubber mask affects.So back to Dark Knight. I loved Batman Begins, and I am hoping it will be a great addition to the series, whether it is another prequel, or a new sequel.

I loved the Dark Knight, however I wish Heath Ledger didn't die because I heard the Joker was to appear in the next movie in alliance with Two Face (My friend said that's supposedly why the killed off Two Face at the end of the movie). However, I'm confused with my friends idea becasue the Joker wasn't killed off, he was sent to Jail by the end of the movie, so there would be potential for him to escape, and appear in the next movie. I just do not think any one could do a job compared to that of Heath Ledger concerning the acting of the Joker, the Joker was a very unique and strange charater.

I'm still not convinced that Two Face "died". This is pure speculation, however, as I don't plan on ruining any part of the plot of the next film for myself or - indeed - the current film for anyone who hasn't seen it. If you haven't seen The Dark Knight yet and don't want snippets of the plot given away, stop reading now. :mellow:Still here?Well, in that case I'm of the opinion that, like the "death" of Gordon the "death" of Two Face, or - more importantly - the death of the public figure he was, was there to protect him in that any future actions of his as his new "bad-guy-persona" wouldn't have a negative effect on the city of Gotham. There are plenty of references to having to keep Harvey's record "good" throughout the film, and faking his death would mean he died as a "good" citizen while Two Face goes on to the next film.Again, purely speculation. I haven't looked for any evidence to (dis)prove my theory.

Well, in that case I'm of the opinion that, like the "death" of Gordon the "death" of Two Face, or - more importantly - the death of the public figure he was, was there to protect him in that any future actions of his as his new "bad-guy-persona" wouldn't have a negative effect on the city of Gotham. There are plenty of references to having to keep Harvey's record "good" throughout the film, and faking his death would mean he died as a "good" citizen while Two Face goes on to the next film.
Again, purely speculation. I haven't looked for any evidence to (dis)prove my theory.

I completely agree! I did feel that the film was a little too long tough.

I completely agree! I did feel that the film was a little too long tough.

I agree to some extent. It had several spots where it could have quite happily ended, but I suppose there's nothing wrong with getting more for your money. Either way, I still think the sequel is pretty nicely set up for.

Totally. You cant complain too much about the length. At least they've bothered to invest in a better plot and decent character development. If that takes more time, then I'll happily watch for longer.

*MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS:*I saw the movie last night, and was very impressed with it. First of all, Heath Ledger was absolutely AMAZING as the Joker - he's exactly how the character should have been played (in my opinion). Christian Bale was pretty good as Batman, and he pretty much covered the role. The rest of the cast were alright overall, none of them exceptionally good or bad, although Aaron Eckhart did a good job. The plot was better than any other batman so far, although it jumped around quite a bit, and it was a little too unrealistic. Now for a little 'character analysis':Christian Bale - Batman/Bruce Wayne: Did quite a good job, although the deep, husky voice was a bit much for me at times. Especially when he used it with people who know his true identity: i.e. Lucius Fox, or Alfred. I liked how Batman was portrayed overall, and some of the 'gadgets' were really neat :mellow:. I hope they use him again.Heath Ledger - Joker: Like I said before, Heath Ledger, or "The Joker" was absolutely AMAZING. He wasn't 'too crazy', as in maniacally laughing every few seconds, but he still had that air of 'insane' around him. I have seen just about every batman movie/cartoon ever made, and this was by FAR the best ever Joker. The only thing was he was a little too intricate, or smart, if you will, for my taste. It's a shame he is 'unable' to be the Joker in the next film (if they need him). Heath Ledger had been one of my favourite actors for a long time, and I was truly saddened to hear of his death. All in all, the Joker was the only truly terrifying character in the film. When he stuck the razors in peoples mouths, that were some of the most intense scenes I've ever seen. It was also interesting listening to his various stories of how he got his scars. Aaron Eckhart - Harvey Dent/Two face: Was a very convincing character. I really believed his anguish when Rachel died, as well as his Two Face personality, and his murderous attitude. As Harvey Dent he was a very 'funny' and capable character. I enjoyed his performance.Michael Caine - Alfred: Alfred was not quite how I expected him to be slimmer, and perhaps with a mustache and some sort of accent. His acting wasn't quite what I wanted either, but it worked. Overall he was alright, and I wouldn't mind if they used him again.Maggie Gyllenhaal - Rachel Dawes: Didn't really meet my expectations. She was alright throughout the movie, and I was impressed near the end (for her). When she was talking to Dent on the phone it was pretty darn convincing. If she hadn't died, I would liked her back.*SPOILERS END*If you're looking for an action movie, this should keep you going for a while :D. I just saw it last night and I'm already willing to go see it again, and it seems like lots of the people in the theater were as well - it was a full house, and even though there were two other rooms playing at the same time, and the film has already been out for two weeks, so I think at least SOME of the people had seen it before. Even if you're not into action movies, it's a great film that I highly recommend. It's a bit dark, so I don't recommend it for children under 13. My rating for the film is 4/5.

Being a boring sunday afternoon her in England I thought I'd write a review of this film! I made a huge effort not to see anything about this film. or as little as was possible. other than the first trailer online i haven't watched any trailers. i've muted the tv and looked away when the ads have come on. i've not read any of the millions of articles about it on the web. i've obviously seen the headlines, but i've tried as hard as possible to avoid reading anything that might reveal anything about the film. and i've done pretty well. feel free to stop now if you haven't seen the film but are planning to do so. i will probably have spoilers in here. The film opens with the 6 minutes or so that were available online a while back. the bank robbery that introduces the joker. and it didn't matter that i'd seen it before because it was still awesome. the rest of the introductory period of the film is dealt with pretty well, with harvey dent being established and reminding everyone who everyone is (they don't even mess about too much with the whole casting change from katie holmes to maggie gyllenhaal) as well as throwing in a few clues to the plot. there is a little exposition that threatens to distract from the pace, but nolan pulls it back in time. Once it all gets going though, its pretty ****ing impressive. the set pieces are brilliant. and the fact that nolan sticks the stars in the places you normally don't let stars go really does add to things. even the stuff that seems a little on the edge of believability is convincing. my imagination was possibly stretched a little far towards the end with one phone related plot device that i wasn't really sold on. the one of appearance earlier on was acceptable, the reappearance was just starting to creep over the line. but luckily they don't allow it to be around for too long and they cover it pretty nicely with action. Bale is the same batman (and bruce wayne) as before. and there are echoes of the burton batman movies in some of his characters issues. in fact, there are aspects of the burton stories throughout the film, but where burton went with dark comedy, nolan has just gone with dark. there are even echos the script, but only fleetingly. Harvey dent is more prominant as himself than as his alter ego, completely unlike tommy lee jones incarnation. i haven't decided if this is a good thing or not yet. but he's well played as both the legal hero and the outlaw. and gyllenhaal plays a far more convincing love interest than holmes ever managed. but then her character has been given a far meatier role. and nolan's vision of two face is simply amazing. The standout performance, and i almost wanted to not agree with everyone else on this, is heath ledger. his joker is terrifying. his insane is immense. and you miss him every time he's not on the screen. and while the campaign for a posthumous oscar for him seems a little trite, if ever a performance in a comic book film deserved the nod this is it. the real demonstration of the quality of his performance is that despite all the press about heath ledger in the last 8 months, you still think of him as the joker throughout the entire movie. Ok now that was too long! I hope I didn't bore the pants off you!

I really want to see this movie but since I waited so long I'll skip the moives and buy it when it come out on dvd. Its cheaper any way and you get to watch it over and over again. Any way everyone told me this movie was really good so unless all those people are wrong it must be a good moive. Good review merovingian.