xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
vujsa

New Video Output. :) New monitors and video card.

Just got my new hardware setup and I love it. I do a lot of programming and as a result a lot of switching between programs. Now I can leave my browser open on one screen and my editor and FTP client open on the other. Saving me a lot of time!!!So here is what I got...EVGA e-GeForce 8600GT PCI-E dual DVI output video card.2 HP L1910 19 inch flat panel monitors.Just for fun, I also added a second Western Digital WD1600JS 160GB SATA hard drive which I configured in a RAID 1 for mirrored data protection.I may add 2 more of the same hard drive later for increased storage as well as enhanced performance as RAID 0 striped drives read nearly twice a fast since you read from both drives at the same time.I think I'll take my old system 1.7GHz P4 2GB memory etc which is currently connected to one of my monitors via a KVM switch and split it off and set it up for my kids with my old 17 inch ViewSonic flat panel monitor. One of their favorite (old WIN95) games isn't compatible with the new video card. :mellow:Who knows, with the time I save, I might be able to be active in the forums again.

That's nice.For my new computer, I have a Gigabyte GeForce 9600GT 1GB PCI-E 2 Dual DVI graphics card outputing to a Samsung 2493HM 24-inch monitor, so I can show two applications on the screen as one e.g. browser and word processing.