xisto Community
JasPuneet

Free Site

You are welcome yordan, and we are not perfect ;) One thing that i think is that the Google Page Creator service will dissapear in the near future, and will be replaced with the Google Sites service, why??? because when i use for example Gmail, it shows only a Sites link in the services menu located at the top of the page, i notice this issue also if i use another account.Best regards,

Google Sites is useful for users who want to create a site to share information and maybe photos / videos, but do not have the web development skills to design and code a website themselves. Although Google Sites does not offer that wide range of customisation option, it still makes it easy for beginners to start their own website off.@Sellaman,Google Site was never designed as a a free hosting site, rather it "makes creating and sharing a group website easy".

I completely agree with Atomic0, with Google Sites you can build a site as simple as editing a document. In my opinion this service can be very useful for small companies that don't have or have minimum technology resources or money to build it's own intranet easy and fast, for a family or group of friends to share videos, photos, documents, etc. as Atomic0 said.

Also, the Google Sites service is one of the services that are included with the Google Apps service which i use for a while with good results i can say. The other services included with the Google Apps Standard Edition service are:

Start Page.

Email.

Chat.

Calendar.

Web Pages.

Docs.

Best regards,

I hate the free websites from google. The url is horrible. and the layout of the site is so ugly looking.

https://www.weebly.com/ca is much better to make a simple free site, but still they offer only one free site and if you want to make more sites you have to get premium membership.

The building process of weebly is very easy and you can build sites in less than 1 hour. You don't need any html knowledge either. The url is much better than what google has to offer. It will be something like this,

http://your-site.weebly.com/

It will be a sub-domain of weebly. What's good about this site is that it has a high page rank in google and hence your site will get favored by search engines like google.

if I use it ,i don't seo my website ?

If you use what ? You don't see what ?The present topic concerns google personal sites. If you create your site using the google tools, you see your website at the URL provided by google.
Was this your question ?
Regards
Yordan

If you use what ? You don't see what ?

The present topic concerns google personal sites. If you create your site using the google tools, you see your website at the URL provided by google.

Was this your question ?

Regards

Yordan

I think that cochuyengi refers to Search Engine Optimization, right???

I don't use a lot this service but i guess that in some way you can do that, if i am correct i never been capable to view the header section of any page created with it, so, in this case you can't implement SEO techniques for the title, keywords and description meta tags.

What you can do is to create your pages with good and relevant information and apply to them SEO techniques.

Best regards,

Edit:

I confirm, you can not modify the head section of the pages only the content of the body section.

Edited by TavoxPeru (see edit history)

Google Sites did not let me down at all when it comes to create a free no-brainer of private web sites quickly. At that time I knew few about web site building and coding. At least it is better than its early generation of services like Geocities. The reason may be that I did not expect high from the very beginning. But I quit it last year after I found that Wetpaint.com with clearer interfaces, and more flexible to use. Now I think I have found something better and I can expect more with Xisto.

Google Sites did not let me down at all when it comes to create a free no-brainer of private web sites quickly. At that time I knew few about web site building and coding. At least it is better than its early generation of services like Geocities. The reason may be that I did not expect high from the very beginning. But I quit it last year after I found that Wetpaint.com with clearer interfaces, and more flexible to use. Now I think I have found something better and I can expect more with Xisto.

I agree, Google Sites is better than services like Geocities -now owned by yahoo- or Tripod, also it is better than the Google Page Creator service that will be discontinued soon. In the case that you are using the Google Page Creator service, you have two options before it will be discontinued:

do nothing, all of your pages and information will be automatically migrated to the Google Sites services. In this case a new site will be created automatically and your data will be moved to this new site too, additionally all of your visitors to the googlepages.com URL will redirect to the new one.

Opt out of the move, first you have to manually download your site -as a zip file- and move it to any location you want, then you need to set up a redirect URL.

BTW, Google Sites is better than ever and has been improved a lot since it was released, now you can create a site in less than 5 minutes or less :o.

Best regards,

The free websites are disgusting... From Google or from another services I think that they offer the worst design that you could use.A website is for generate traffic and when somebody enter in your website and you have a Google freewebsite you have to offer something really valuable or this person will never return to your site.The service of http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ is something similar but the design let a lot to desire. Typically when the people open a freewebsite abandon the project in less a month.Better than the freewebsites are the Blog services like Blogger or Wordpress. I prefer to start a project with a Blog than a free Google website.Better use a WYSIWYG software and create your own customizable website.Regards.