xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ashraful1405241560

Any Gmail Alternative

Hotmail has deccent Ajax and 5gb. I havn't had any problems with it, except maybe an over eager mid-level spam filter, but middle is ambigous anyway.

GMail has the most sleek and simple interface you would find anywhere. The only really other option is Windows Live Mail, which is Hotmail renamed with a new AJAX webmail that looks cool and high-tech.

Personally, I think that GMail is great with AJAX and stuff, but an alternative would be Windows Live Mail (you'll need a Windows Live ID) or Yahoo! Mail (I don't like this one much).

You can take a look at this page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_webmail_providers for a list of cost, features and storage.

Try Windows Live mail. It gives 5gb space. Your account will also be valid on all microsoft sites. You can also create your blog at spaces.live.comyou will also have 5GB Skydrive Space where you can upload your content and any body can download

I prefer Yahoo! Mail, not too bulky, unlimited amount of email storage and has AJAX support all over the website. I would recommend it over Hotmail anyday. Another interesting webmail provider you should look into is GMX, it's like Yahoo's offering, but has been proven to be quite as (or even faster). You should give it a try.

Aside from a paid service (NetIdentity, which is getting greedy), I've only used Gmail. The last time I checked, which was a long time ago, only Gmail let me use a standard email handler (Thunderbird) and download my email to my computer. Does anyone know if any other free online services now offer POP or IMAP service? Thanks! :mellow: