xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ashraful1405241560

Macbook Touch

In Apple's latest update to its Macbook Lineup, to be released in the last week of September, Apple plans to add multi-touch features that have proved to be popular in its other products, namely iPhone and iPod Touch. Although everything still remains as speculation since Apple hasn't spoken publicly about the planned features. Here's what I heard. Multi-Touch feature is a must but in what form it'll appear remains to be seen. While most people are hoping for a touch screen, it seems that Apple plans to put in a glass trackpad that has multitouch and gesture features instead. This might be more appropriate for regular usage.Other improvements are of course, the macbooks being thinner and having a larger screen and better battery life.

Sounds pretty neat to me. Although this "toy" may be fun and exciting, I highly doubt it will be as practical as other laptops, considering it will likely cost $500 more than another laptop with the same specifications but no touch features.I've never bought an Apple Laptop, and I doubt that I ever will. If I ever happen to come into a small fortune, however, I'll happily buy one of these :mellow:.

Only problem is where is this speculation coming from?

xboxrulz

https://www.google.ca/search?q=macbook+touc;client=firefox

Personally I still prefer Linux and Windows over Mac, but this would be an interesting feature to see as Windows touch-screen computers are usually quite expensive right now.

I think I read somewhere that only older screens really damage your eyes - it's just the focusing on the screen when you're close up that can strain them. However, that is a good point. You'd have to have the laptop almost right on top of you constantly if you want to use it easily.

Is the multi-touch speculated to be featured in the future MacBook on the screen or the trackpad? I know that the current MacBook Air has a multi-touch trackpad (MacBook Air Features) which allows for the recognition of gestures using more than one finger.

EDIT:
I have just checked also the MacBook Pro site and found that it also has the multi-touch features already.
Link: http://www.apple.com/macbook-pro/

Edited by Atomic0 (see edit history)

Touch screen is a great feature to have and this is the stuff that puts Macs above PCs in style but not it sales. If I was Mac I would be trying to make a line of cheaper Macs to rival Pcs. Then reason no one buys Macs is because they cosh too much and this would be the start of cheaper Macs but no they continue to make better yet bigger price tagged pc/notebooks which makes them look good but most of the people that will by a home computer is middle class and will settle for a pc. Sorry for the rant but Mac is going in the wrong direction if they want more people to buy there products.