xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
P18X

Ssh Access ? Does astahost allow ssh access?

ok . i have to make sure that you give ssh access because this is the main reason i choose Xisto.I have read about that in your site , but i had the surprise to encounter free hosting providers that susposedly give this service, but after you register you find out that it's not quite true so if anyone can confirm that this host offers SSH i'll continue the process of gathering points thank youalso , i tried to search 'shell' and 'secure shell' and nothing came out .. so i included those words fore future searched because 'SSH' does not have enough letters, SecureShell :mellow:

Direct example: If you are on gamma, try the following address:
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
You will get "Website Certified by an Unknown Authority." Click OK.
You will then get "Authentication Required" Note, this is NOT secure. Click "Cancel."
You will now have a secure connection to gamma.xisto.com login screen.
Give it your website username and password, and you are into a cPanel session via SSH! :mellow:

The "Unknown Authority" is because the certificate is self-signed. It provides and encrypted connection, but Xisto isn't paying a "signing authority" to bless the connection. By the way, if you have Firefox 3, you will get:

Secure Connection Failedgamma.xisto.com:2083 uses an invalid security certificate.The certificate is not trusted because it is self signed.
You will have to grant an "exception" to proceed.

Hope this helps! :D

Thanks for the reply but i don't think that answers my questionI'm not planning to access SSH through Firefox...i think we are not talking about the same thing .... or are we ? :mellow:I've been doing some reading around the forum and my guess is that you do not allow SSH access.. it has been said that the mention off SSH in the main page is a "typo" .. hmm.. that post was there since 2006 and it's 2008 and you did not have time to fix a typo... anyways i hope it's not false advertising I'm still waiting for an 'official' confirmation

Edited by P18X (see edit history)