xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
aqaing

Ddr3 ?, Compatablitly

HII've got a Gigabyte GA-P35c_DS3R mobo and am thinking of going to DDR3 rammy mobo manual say that it takes ddr3 1066/800 MHZthe ddr3 ram that i'm looking at to upgrade with is:OCZ 4GB DDR3 PC3-10666C7 1333MHz Intel Extreme XMP (2x2GB) Dual Channel DDR3 (OCZ3X13334GK)1333MHz RAM Speed, CAS 7-7-7-20 Timings, 1.7-1.9v VDIMM, Lifetime Warranty with OCZThis i take it would be okcan anyone please comfirm and give any veiws on performance this would give meThanks

You should be able to slow down the ram to the speed the Bios accepts. I've been told I need to do this to add more ram, which I havn't got round to.Each bios is different, so if googling yours doesn't help, you'll have to look in it yourself.

I suppose it would be possible to put faster DDR3 RAM into your P35 motherboard, but it may not work properly or reach the RAM speed of 1333MHz. It would probably be cheaper to buy a 1066MHz DDR3 RAM memory sticks rather than a faster speed stick that may not even reach its full potential on the P35 motherboard.

As long as your motherboard says that it accepts DDR3, I'm very sure that it'll accept that RAM.

Well, Gigabyte's website says that it accepts that type of RAM:

DDR3:2 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 4 GB of system memory
Dual channel memory architecture
Support for DDR3 1333*/1066/800 MHz memory modules.
* Due to standard PC architecture, a certain amount of memory is reserved for system usage and therefore the actual memory size is less than the stated amount.

Source: http://www.gigabyte.tw/

So, I don't see any problems that may inhibit your use of the RAM you want to insert.

xboxrulz