xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
aqaing

Windows 7

I have noticed that XP was around for like forever and a few years. I have only now began to really start trying out Vista... and there is a Windows 7... but that is expected. When something comes out, the very next day the next best thing is in production... Guess that is why there are so many bugs out there.I guess it looks pretty good right now. I have only really played around a little in the last link posted above. I am thinking if something new comes to mind while in production, it will be added. But I think maybe Vista should be tweaked a few and have like updated versions... but maybe Bill Gates has different people on different tasks...

Well, they have finally realized the massive failure of Vista, and so they're doing damage control with Windows 7.However, the only feature that I find appealing right now is MinWin. Other than that, Windows is still another uninnovative megabloat of a software from Microsplat.xboxrulz

Windows Seven is the next version of Windows that Microsoft plans to release in probably late 2009 or 2010. It is not supposed to have any major changes save for one innovative approach. The OS itself is going to be something like 50MB and wont have any graphical user interface. It will do all the basic work that the OS is supposed to do, nothing more (However this is not MinWin). Microsoft will then install a graphical interface on top of it and then install all the bundled applications and software necessary.The advantage is fairly obvious. Firstly, this is going to allow you (and retailers) to customize your installation down to a T, so you get only the software applications you want installed. Secondly this will allow Microsoft to offer vastly different versions of the same OS for different customers. For example the "Media Edition" will have a lot of resource intensive media applications, while a "started edition" can be stripped down to the essentials. Even better the installer might be able to analyze the hardware and choose the correct amount of "stuff" to install. So Windows 7 will run on even very old hardware. Finally, and perhaps most interestingly, it will allow Microsoft (and maybe even other) to offer "vastly different" user interfaces to its users. For many of us the entire operating system is the interface itself, so it'll b like getting entirely an entirely new operating system. Many other features are also planned, such as Multi-Touch support, but they are still more wise-speculation than fact.

I can't belive it.. 2 things..1. The picture on Wikipedia, looks exactly like Windows Vista.2. I am not sure that this will be any "success".The last things Microsoft have been releasing: Vista, IE 7, and some other softwares that I've tryed, havn't been good at all.. I have the feeling, that microsoft releases everything in version "alpha". Not "beta". I don't think that this will succeed.But that's just what I think. Because after Microsofts latest releases, I hate them (them = Microsoft).. In my opinion, XP was the last good thing Microsoft made.. and even XP isn't that good.. (Sometimes I wish I knew how to use Linux ;))Well.. I don't know. that was my opinion.. But still, no one knows what they are hiding.Wishes //Feelay

Well, an update is showing that Microsoft is going to release Windows 7 on June 3, 2009. If that is true, I might get a free copy of it from my college's licensing system. That's how I got Vista for free =P. Why pay for crappy software when you can get it for free.xboxrulz

I started using Windows Vista not a long time ago when I bought a new laptop, it came with Vista and now I'm thinking of installing openSUSE on it.. and Vista is out for some time now, even though most of users still use XP..Windows 7 or as I know Vienna is quite old news, as I remember we talked about it on Xisto forums before.. What's funny that the screenshot really looks like Windows Vista, so why will it be different? Microsoft likes to release something and start doing something new, for example IE7 came and they started making IE8 ;)

Well, Microsoft has been screwing up since their developmental restart of Vista. Everything has been slipping up on them and more and more people are starting to become aware of Linux/FreeBSD's push to the desktop markets.I usually run virtual machines and they are one of the biggest CPU performance hoggers out there. On Windows Vista (and sometimes XP), I can only run basic applications while running the virtual machine. On Linux, I don't have this problem. I can run all my basic operations, view HD videos high res while letting the virtual machine run at near native speed to accomplish the tasks that I set. Usually these virtual machines run Solaris or a dummy server for investigative purposes.xboxrulz

pre-beta Windows 7 build on october 2008

According to new information on its Professional Developers Conference blog, the company is planning to distribute in late October a pre-beta build of Windows 7 to the people that attended.

This will no be the same version that was leaked over the past few weeks, because Microsoft had added a bunch of other things(according to the themes that were treated on the conference) like:

New APIs to Find, Visualize, and Organize

New Text and Graphics APIs

Design Principles for Windows 7

Integrate with the Windows 7 Desktop Taskbar

Welcome to the Windows 7 Desktop

Deep Dive - Whatâs New with Win32âs user32 and comctl32

Another thing that I know is that Windows 7, is not going to integrate a Mail Client, Picture Editing, Movie Maker software, making them as an option for you to download it. This is a part of the solution of microsoft of making a more light weight OS, and more reliable than Vista.

As you can see this, all this things that is making Microsoft is for not doing the same mistake that they did with Vista, so they can give a more popular OS to the world.

greetings, shotgun.

-------------
MD:Asus P5N-E
CPU:2.40GHz/Intel Quad Core Q6600
RAM:Corsair Dual Channel 4GB 800Mhz
VC:XFX GeForce 9800 GTX/512MB

Windows Seven is the next version of Windows that Microsoft plans to release in probably late 2009 or 2010. It is not supposed to have any major changes save for one innovative approach. The OS itself is going to be something like 50MB and wont have any graphical user interface. It will do all the basic work that the OS is supposed to do, nothing more (However this is not MinWin). Microsoft will then install a graphical interface on top of it and then install all the bundled applications and software necessary.

That's nothing new because they've already done that to Windows Server 2008. The nearly GUI-less version is the Core edition and it's purpose is to offer a small, lightweight server OS with an as small as possible footprint so more Core-versions can be run using virtiualisation. The downside is that not all 'features' are available because .NET is required (.NET is not a part of the Core edition) and that all the configuration has to be done using the Powershell. I don't think Microsoft will release a Core edition of Windows 7, 90% of the end users won't be interested in it nor will be of any value.

Windows 7 is a new project that Microsoft is working in.

Windows 7 is also know as Blackcomb and mistakenly thought as a "bootlegged" version of Vista.
Blackcomb is expected to be released June 3rd 2009. Windows 7 has a impressive version of Paint as well.

You can see the screenshot here(Screenshot is from Wikimedia.com): http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
As you can see as similar as Windows 7 is to Vista it is quite different.

I believe that Windows 7 will be a great hit in Microsoft (At least that's what we hope,)
What do you think Windows 7 will be like? New Features? Is there a point in creating it? Why or why not?
_____________&_________________
What additional information do you have on Windows 7?

That's nothing new because they've already done that to Windows Server 2008. The nearly GUI-less version is the Core edition and it's purpose is to offer a small, lightweight server OS with an as small as possible footprint so more Core-versions can be run using virtiualisation. The downside is that not all 'features' are available because .NET is required (.NET is not a part of the Core edition) and that all the configuration has to be done using the Powershell. I don't think Microsoft will release a Core edition of Windows 7, 90% of the end users won't be interested in it nor will be of any value.

Remember that most computer users aren't computer scientists and they don't know crud about computers. Heck, most of them weren't even from the DOS/UNIX CLI days.

Thus, Microsoft won't do that like what they did in Windows Server 2008. The only people that actually use the frontend of the server OS are administrators. (Unless, it's a thinclient server)

Windows 7 is a new project that Microsoft is working in.Windows 7 is also know as Blackcomb and mistakenly thought as a "bootlegged" version of Vista.
Blackcomb is expected to be released June 3rd 2009. Windows 7 has a impressive version of Paint as well.

You can see the screenshot here(Screenshot is from Wikimedia.com): http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
As you can see as similar as Windows 7 is to Vista it is quite different.

I believe that Windows 7 will be a great hit in Microsoft (At least that's what we hope,)
What do you think Windows 7 will be like? New Features? Is there a point in creating it? Why or why not?
_____________&_________________
What additional information do you have on Windows 7?

Nothing more than what was already discussed.

xboxrulz

windows 7Windows 7

Ok this is getting stupid vista is up there with me nothing but a failed overlay to xp it's not new microsoft did it with 98 to me ..Garbage ... Why are we dicussing this fact that windows 7 will be a new os for microsoft jus wait and see  what comes of it. I install win 7 beta build 7000.0.8.1212.1400 ultimate. And my opinion it's a better version of vista the features aren't for the average user ...

pro- amd quad core black edition

grphics 2x radeon hd 4800 hybrid crossfire

os all of them multi boot server

You can now download the beta version of Windows 7 at the following link:
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

If your test it out, you will find in function better and faster when compared to Windows Vista. It also requires a lower system requirement, so if you computer was not compatible with Windows Vista, it might make the cut with Windows 7.