xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
toby

Access Denied As Admin On Xp, Services Troubles

I've had an access denied message on various things, like ending services. Other services (Also anti-virus/non-m$) take a long time to end, or reset themselves to Automatic when I set Disabled/Manual.Panda and Webroot Spy Sweeper re-add themselves to Services and startup even when I delete them with HJT. I'd be happy to unistall them if I knew of better AV, which doesn't need any startup items..

I use AVG Free Edition on my computer at home. It is used for graphics, games, music, and typing. Since it is never online I usually don't have it running in the background. You should try an install it. I don't recommend Ad-Aware cause it uses a lot of resources. You can always manually run the program if you need to do viruses scans and etc.After installations. Check location on you computer like the...1) C:\Documents and Settings\%USERNAME%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup2) Registry settings like HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run HKEY_Current_User\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Look for AVG entries and delete them. Back them up if you need to. Then restart you computer.I hope this helps for you. :mellow:

Realy i'm a programmer and i Build a Virus's For Windows's

i can help you

There is another reg Dir on the windows Can ran the File before the Windows i mean Explorer and winlogon

if this Key has this Value /HLKM/Software/Microsoft/Windows NT/CurrentVersion/Winlogon/userinit/ "\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe" so it Safe

if it has this Value /HLKM/Software/Microsoft/Windows NT/CurrentVersion/Winlogon/userinit/ "\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe",C:\......./virus.exe so C:\......./virus.exe will run Before the windows And Anti Virus Also :mellow:

Have FUN

Okay Okay, so you are saying, that in the registry there is a String Value called Userinit at...

HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon ?

and...

just as long as it has this value below it is okay.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,

I guess that seems right. And to think I just use to do a reinstall. Hmmmm... I'll look into it next time I'm stumbled. Thanks McLuvin' :mellow:

Edited by levimage (see edit history)