xisto Community
khalilov

Vga Issue

Ok i have a 256 MB vga, which is pathetic... but any way it can run some games with no lags. But i noticed with all of my games the game works perfectly for like 5 minutes, then freezes for a couple of seconds then continues to work perfectly. It happens every 5~10 minutes. Is my vga bugged or somethin O.o.A sample of the games is heroes 5, Turok .....

I think that you mean 256 colour vga ? And, yes, most of games now need very efficient graphic cards, with a lot of memory. Probably your PC also has few memory.Or maybe the game by itself has small bugs, but I'm not sure concerning this latter point.

I think that you mean 256 colour vga ? And, yes, most of games now need very efficient graphic cards, with a lot of memory. Probably your PC also has few memory.
Or maybe the game by itself has small bugs, but I'm not sure concerning this latter point.

I have this problem with more than one game so its not a game issue, as for the card issue, is it a necessary?

Computer:
1256 RAM
256 VGA colour
2.4Ghz CPU
no video or sound card
I am not sure about the other stuff
Edited by khalilov (see edit history)

That must be an agp 256mb card, I mean, an oldschool card like a 256 vga card wouldn't show up in that system probably :|Either way, it could be a heat issue. Might want to download a program that lists internal computer temperatures and see if they are rediculously high or not. Sometimes video cards overheat and have interesting performance issues occur when they get too warm. Since they pump out more heat when in use it would make sense it might happen while gaming.

If heat is a problem. I suggest to turn off you PC and wait for it to cool. Then after it has cooled down open it up and disconnect your keyboard, monitor and other stuff. Check to see if there is any lint, dust, hair, etc. around or on your processor, memory, video card, motherboard, and fans. Get a can of compressed air and spray it (preferably outside). Connect everything back up to it but don't close the side of the computer case. Then turn on your PC. Check if your fans are running cool and blowing air onto your processor, video card. If this is working. Then shutdown your PC and put the case back on.Now, if this is a recent problem then it could be that one of your components are going out or maybe something is awkward about the software on your pc. If this only happens when you play video games then it may be a result of a bad shutdown, outdated drivers, incorrect BIOS settings, and/or the specific 3d setting(s) for you graphics card/integrated graphics. Sometimes it could be the video game itself. There maybe some services packs or updates to your games.Try reinstalling the video card drivers, or download new drivers if possible. Then reinstall the latest DirectX for your operating system.Try these for suggestions for now, and let us know if they work. Also if you could be a little more descriptive on what happens or error messages come up, and the name of the games your attempting to play on which operating system. :mellow:

Computer:1256 RAM
256 VGA colour
2.4Ghz CPU
no video or sound card
I am not sure about the other stuff

This is usually what you have when you install a fresh OS from the windows disk, in case your graphic board is not known by the drivers embedded inside the CD.
256 VGA colour is the minimum display available in standard windows install.
Almost no current video card or embedded video chip is so poor.
You absolutely need the drivers for your video card, and in order to get it, you must know which hardware adapter you have.
Usually, hardware detecting software like "everest" tell you which physical adapters you have (not the Windows display, but the real adapters display). So, the first thing is to download such a tool and clarify which adapter is physically present.

That only applies to Windows 2000 and under. Windows XP would automatically change it to the highest settings for that display adapter. Windows Vista can't even run unless you have at least a 16-bit colour adapter.xboxrulz