xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Sneblot

Mythos Soon to be out.

If anyone has not heard of this game it is from the makers of diablo II and is looking to be a very nice FREE MMORPG.

Heres alittle more about it.

Mythos is an action heavy Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (MMORPG) from the makers of Fate and Diablo.
Set in the world of Uld, players assume the role of fantasy heroes as they explore, adventure, and quest through entirely randomized dungeons and environments. Mythos allows thousands of players to interact within the same world while using "instanced" dungeons to create unique gaming experiences suited for both solo and group-minded players.

Whether adventuring together or braving the dangers of the world of Uld alone, friendships are formed and alliances are forged. The competition for knowledge, power and glory is on. And every time in will be a new experience.

Mythos is also entirely free-to-play. One need only download the game client, install, and create a user account to experience the vast world of Uld.

Unfortunately, Mythos is currently in Closed Beta, a form of testing not open to all players. We will soon enter an Open Beta phase, however. At that time, game download links will become available. Until that happens, please enjoy this website's news archive, forums, and media galleries by navigating the menu bar to the left.

http://www.mythos.com/about?theme=rock

Cant wait for it to come out its going to be a cracker.

That sounds kool. I was wondering if it's possible to host a MMORPG from your own computer. Are there RPGs online where you can setup your own kind of MMORPG for lan/wifi play? What kind of connection would you need to setup a server?

Hm, I haven't looked too deeply into it but it looks promising. To clarify it's not made by Blizzard, but by former execs of blizzard who have formed a new studio. Still having any tie to the people that worked on diablo from blizzard gives them bonus points in my books. If anyone can pull off the 'free MMORPG' idea I wouldn't be surprised if it was these folks. Obviously they have ties to the people currently operating the #1 MMORPG so thats another reason to be hopeful haha. I'll have to keep my eye on this.