xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
surfinhu

Mp3 - Peak Normalization

Doesn't Windows Media Player 10/11 have that kind of option, something like 'Apply volume leveling' or is that something different. I remember I use to use a Sound Forge to do stuff like that. Normalize songs, decrease base for my cheap speakers, fade and add echoes to the end of songs. It helped when I played the burned CD the factory car stereo. But yeah, I think all major CD-Burning applications have the volume leveling option when it comes to burning. Some media players with library have the option to normalize the song, playlist, album, or whole library. I guess that's what the all the help files are for that comes with the software. Then there are the online FAQs, and if you are persistent you can email the authors.

if you're looking to normalize sound within the file, you can always open individual mp3 files in an audio editor such as Audacity (free, as you probably know) and compress the entire file using variable settings. it will also apply gain after compression so that the volume of the entire file is still relatively the same.this would be useful if you had a quiet part or a loud part in a certain section of the song.if you want to normalize several files at once, you can open several mp3 files at once in Audacity and apply the same compression to all of them.then you'd have to export each section (one section being a song, or whatever it was before) separately as its own file.that's a bit complicated, not to mention ineffective if you're not familiar with Audacity.however, if you're unable to find a program that does the job for you, it's a viable option.