xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
laker

I'm New At This, Can Someone Help?

I need to show this led finger light with a white background. But the light needs to be on and show a little color on that white background. If I just use a brush and white out some area around the light hitting the table then it does not look very good. I want to make a great looking photo to put on the front of this website. I would appreciate any help at all. There is a photo now on the front of this website http://liangdianup.com/ of the finger light but they want me to change it to have a white back ground but show the color light. Thank you.

I'm not that good with photo editing here, but I do have some experience. My suggestion is that you separate the element in your picture. I'm assuming that you're using an editor with layering, blending support. This method is something to do with masking. Let 's look at h011.jpg (LED Lights) picture. You can first cut out the 4 lamps (object), paste that as layer2 in a new file. Only the object is opaque. Then use the whole picture as layer1 or background of the new file. Layer1 is underneath layer2. Adjust the brightness and contrast of layer1. Play with the blending as well, once your background is bright enough, it will appear "white". You can also play with color level to achieve you final result.Anyway, this only serve as a starting point. You might want to look into more way of masking by searching online. Or others from here who is more experience can give some more input on this topic.Good Luck

By the way, you posted this question in the "database" forum, and this is obviously not a database problem. That's why I moved it to the "Graphics Design" forum, which is more suited to this subject. RegardsYordan