xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
surfinhu

What's Wrong? help me

I'm trying to enable the remote desktop remotely, but something is wrong. But what?
I get this tutorial:

Enable Remote Desktop Connections remotely #2I've received a few comments on my earlier post - one of them is that you can just wait a minute or 2 after changing the registry key instead of rebooting (Patience is a virtue ;-) another one is that the "authorized" way to do this is through WMI -

wmic /node:"Computer Name (FQDN)" /USER:"username" RDTOGGLE WHERE ServerName="Computer Name" CALL SetAllowTSConnections 1

This by the way only works from Windows Server 2003 (Thanks to Per Ă. for pointing this out) - if you need to this from Windows XP it looks like this -

wmic /node:"Computer Name (FQDN)" /USER:"username" PATH win32_terminalservicesetting WHERE (__Class!="") CALL SetAllowTSConnections 1

It's a good suggestion to use WMI (Except that it's easier - for me anyway - to remember the registry key ;-)

Somebody can help me?

Thanks.

Can you please supply us with some more information please ? Like the output you get from the terminal when you enter this command. Also, next time would you please use a more descriptive title instead of 'what's wrong?"

Couldn't you just activate Remote Desktop via right clicking the My Computer (or Computer on Vista) and then selecting Properties and go to the Remote tab to enable both Remote Desktop and/or Remote Assistance?xboxrulz

I'm trying to enable the remote desktop remotely, but something is wrong. But what?I get this tutorial:
Somebody can help me?

Thanks.

u shud provide more info.
are you trying through a vpn or lan.
u may need to forward the rdc port