xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Miles

Mysql Storage Engine Error 28

Hello,On my website and forum, SDeckNET, the mySQL database is not working. I get the error "mySQL error: Got error 28 from storage enginemySQL error code: Date: Wednesday 02nd 2008f July 2008 05:33:53 AM"from my forum. From what I know, error 28 means I'm out of disk space, how can this be? I was never told of a mySQL space limitation and all these cases of downtime are destroying my site's memberbase.EDIT:It now seems PhpMyAdmin is down too, with the error: "Warning: session_write_close() [function.session-write-close]: SQLite: session write query failed: database is full in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/index.php on line 42Warning: session_write_close() [function.session-write-close]: Failed to write session data (sqlite). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/cpanel/userhomes/cpanelphpmyadmin/sessions/phpsess.sdb) in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/index.php on line 42Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/index.php:42) in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/index.php on line 99"

Edited by Miles (see edit history)

Hello,On my website and forum, SDeckNET, the mySQL database is not working. I get the error "mySQL error: Got error 28 from storage engine
mySQL error code:
Date: Wednesday 02nd 2008f July 2008 05:33:53 AM"
from my forum. From what I know, error 28 means I'm out of disk space, how can this be? I was never told of a mySQL space limitation and all these cases of downtime are destroying my site's memberbase.
EDIT:
It now seems PhpMyAdmin is down too, with the error: "Warning: session_write_close() [function.session-write-close]: SQLite: session write query failed: database is full in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/index.php on line 42

Warning: session_write_close() [function.session-write-close]: Failed to write session data (sqlite). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/cpanel/userhomes/cpanelphpmyadmin/sessions/phpsess.sdb) in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/index.php on line 42

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/index.php:42) in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/index.php on line 99"

LOL

There is no SQL disk space limits other than the limit placed on your account... This is true with all hosts! Your database storage is part of your overall account storage limitations. So, if you have 500MB of storage on your account and your file use 400MB, then you only have 100MB for your database.

As for the SQL server, in the event that if becomes full, additional drive space is allocated. Occasionally, if the SQL drive is placed in read only mode for maintenance or protection, it may give a disk full error since it can't be written to.

So, my suggestion is to first check how big your SQL databases currently are in cPanel and also check your total disk space usage. If these are more than your account limits, then you need to find a way to reduce you disk usage. If the error still occurs without your account being over limit, then reply here.

vujsa

It looks like this isnât an isolated incident because Iâm getting the exact same error. I noticed that the Xisto page was down earlier due to a similar SQL error so I assume something bad happened on the backend. My entire blog is down and the private message feature in phpBB is also down. Oddly enough the rest of phpBB appears to be working. According to cpanel I have 116.76/500 MB disk usage and the largest database is for phpBB at 2.72 MB. When navigating to phpMyAdmin I get the following error.

Warning: session_write_close() [function.session-write-close]: SQLite: session write query failed: database is full in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/index.php on line 42
Warning: session_write_close() [function.session-write-close]: Failed to write session data (sqlite). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/cpanel/userhomes/cpanelphpmyadmin/sessions/phpsess.sdb) in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/index.php on line 42

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/index.php:42) in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/index.php on line 99

My disk space usage is approximately 30MB and my largest SQL database is 2.93MB, plus I noticed that Xisto too seems to be getting these errors, as the forums were offline yesterday for a few minutes with an SQL error.

This seems to be something occuring on both of the Xisto post-for-host sites. I have seen a lot of posts about this error. Popular opinion seems to be that a few of their servers may have run out space. (Not to be redundent, this is quite obvious from the error). I'm not saying that your account has used up all of its allowed space, just the server that your account resides on.

The odd thing is it looks like these errors are intermittent. The errors were an issue yesterday but cleared up late yesterday afternoon. I checked my site again this morning and they are back.