xisto Community
FirefoxRocks

How Do You Create A Vista?

I'm wondering how people use computer software to create a vista. I know that I can go onto Google or Yahoo! or whatever and download different vistas, but I was wondering if I could make my own that would be realistic.What programs do you recommend? I would prefer free, open-source software that preferably works on Linux. As for the companies providing CDs/packages of vistas, do they actually create it themselves or do they have to go to take them?Just wondering.

What do you mean by 'creating a vista' ? Do you mean customizing a Vista installation like OEMs do ? Microsoft supplies tools for doing this and vlite is great for stripping and creating unattended installs of vista.

I don't mean customizing a vista, because I don't think vista has lots of things you can customize in it. I mean how do you create one? Of course anyone can open existing ones and modify them any way they want, but I'm talking about creating one.As for OEMs, sometimes they include vista with their computers when you purchase them. I've only purchased my computers from Dell, and they included a default vista on it when it came.So what kind of software would you use to create a vista?

Sorry, but I don't understand what you mean.Are you asking how to do, when Linux is installed on a computer, in order to replace Linux by Microsoft Vista ?Or do you ask how Microsoft did in order to step from XP to Vista ?or is your word "Vista" a way of meaning an image to put on your computer ?

I am so confused as well. Vista usually stand for Windows Vista on the Internet. If you mean vistas as in themes, then you can customize them through many different methods available on the Internet.Windows XP and Vista are very customizable when it comes to changing their themes.xboxrulz

I don't mean customizing a vista, because I don't think vista has lots of things you can customize in it. I mean how do you create one? Of course anyone can open existing ones and modify them any way they want, but I'm talking about creating one.
As for OEMs, sometimes they include vista with their computers when you purchase them. I've only purchased my computers from Dell, and they included a default vista on it when it came.

So what kind of software would you use to create a vista?

You mean like rebuilding Vista like you rebuild a linux kernel ? You can forget that, Vista is absolutely not open-source thus recreating and recompiling it is impossible.
About the OEMs, they do modify Vista buy branding it (This Computer>Properties, there you'll see the manufacturer's logo), pre-installing the drivers and integrating other software.

Btw. you can customize Vista in many ways, stripping it with vLite, changing the feeling (themes, sounds, mouse cursor and other completely useless stuff), installing some nifty programs like quick launchers ...

I guess vistas can be used in themes, but all I want to know is how to create a vista, not customize themes on Windows. And no, I don't mean rebuilding Windows Vista. I don't mean customizing a vista either, I want to know if I can make a vista.Someone mentioned some Linux software. Is there some open-source software that I can use to create my own vistas on Linux? Either that or I can use freeware on Windows to try to create my own vista. I don't want to purchase software to do this because I'm just experimenting with this.

I guess vistas can be used in themes, but all I want to know is how to create a vista, not customize themes on Windows. And no, I don't mean rebuilding Windows Vista. I don't mean customizing a vista either, I want to know if I can make a vista.

So, back to our first question. What do you name "a vista" ? Now we know that :. It is not a Windows vista customization.
. It is not a Windows new version.
However, what is it ? Please write down a definition, or give us a link to the definition or to some examples of what you name "a vista".

Are you meaning Vista as in the photographic or artistic term of of a very wide shot of something like a land scape?

Ach so ! If this is really the question, I do that with the software provided with my camera : I take five pictures (translating or rotating my camera) and the software makes a single picture, same height but very wide, as a very wide landscape. And I know that some Canon cameras do that by themselves : you toggle "panoramic", you sat shooting, and the camera recognizes the common last/right-current/left part and creates a single picture while you shoot several times.Then, the question should be formulated differently, or some people among us should stop thing "Microsoft Vista" whan they ear the word "Vista".

Oh, so you want to create an image/artwork. Usually this can be done via Adobe Photoshop, CorelDRAW Graphics Suite or freeware such as GIMP.

Usually that's called graphics creation or image creation. Rarely does someone calls it a vista. Thus, I think that's where the confusion lies.

xboxrulz

Basically, to create a 'vista' you just need a camera unless you want to draw the view yourself.Off-topic: Interestingly enough, no one has made any comment about 'adobe', a natural building material.

Maybe he/she (FirefoxRocks) means a scenic image/landscape, like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panorama.

If you have a camera you can use a tripod, and level it with the horizon. Then take pictures every 15 or 20 degrees, just as long as the image is overlapped. Then download them to a PC and use some type or panorama software to stitch them together.

If you mean like a drawing. Then there are several ways to approach this. Then again this is not really my territory. You can watch that dude Bob Ross, he's the man when it comes to painting landscapes (Vistas).

I hope this helps. :mellow: