xisto Community
Mordent

Time Travel? Site activity showing up from the past

Not really a hosting question, but I couldn't find anywhere better to stick this. So:

The Latest Activity list at the bottom of the screen is showing up links from the past. Specifically the Last Topic column, actually, as the Last Post seems to be fine. If you're not getting the same problem, here's a screenshot. Basically all of the links in Last Topic are from way back (March-ish?). I'm also fairly sure the site clock is wrong. As I'm writing this, at the bottom is "Time is now: 22nd June 2008 - 12:24 AM", despite being much earlier than that (when I started the post, anyway, I got a little sidetracked).

Any thoughts on what is up with the crazy inconsistencies?

EDIT: Side note: the time it says I posted this is wrong, it's no later than 00:09 (and the screenie is from much earlier).

Edited by Mordent (see edit history)

Just as an update. The problem is still there. The time now (according to my clock) is approaching 1:30 pm. The site reckons it's nearer to 2:00 pm. Just wondering if anyone else is getting this problem?

Just as an update. The problem is still there. The time now (according to my clock) is approaching 1:30 pm. The site reckons it's nearer to 2:00 pm. Just wondering if anyone else is getting this problem?

Dis you set up correctly your timezone ? And are your PC's time and date correct ?Because the times shown on this topic are exactly the same as my computer clock right now.
Maybe the old post appearing are old posts having received a new answer. And if the new answer is a spam, the answer will disappear ; however maybe the post by itself will not immediately disappear from the "Last post" list.

I have two tabs open on my screen. Looking at the bottom of the two windows, I see times that are within a minute or two of the correct time. However, if I use the "Back" function to look at the page from which I started this post, the time is "stale" by about 30 minutes. I suspect that the Xisto website (or possibly my browser) does not update the time after the page is initially loaded. I believe websites (like DrudgeReport) can tell the browser to reload the page frequently (thus upping their page count). Alternatively, the browser can set itself to regularly update the page. In the absence of either of these options, the "time" display may stay stuck at whenever you first loaded the page.Try a "reload" if you want a current time.