xisto Community
dipesh1405241559

Updating Graphics Card Problems

hi, i am trying to upgrade my graphcs card for the following motherboard p4sd-vx but can not find out what type of grapics card it supports, can any one please help?

You should have mentioned what brand was it. Anyway, it's ASUS P4SD-VX. It's support all AGP based video card. So you need to let us know what range of video card you want, and budget. Are you just looking for replacement for your existing broken video card? Or you want to improve your gaming experience. For the latter case, it would recommend changing monther/cpu/ram all together. Merely upgrading your video card while still using APG and DDR ram is quite limiting. It's a waste if you intent to invest in an expensive APG card, cause it won't be usable if you upgrade your system next time.

You should have mentioned what brand was it. Anyway, it's ASUS P4SD-VX. It's support all AGP based video card. So you need to let us know what range of video card you want, and budget. Are you just looking for replacement for your existing broken video card? Or you want to improve your gaming experience. For the latter case, it would recommend changing monther/cpu/ram all together. Merely upgrading your video card while still using APG and DDR ram is quite limiting. It's a waste if you intent to invest in an expensive APG card, cause it won't be usable if you upgrade your system next time.

hi , thanks for the help so far, i am look for a new grapics card cause i wish to improve my gaming experiance also my budget is £50 - £100. Edited by dipesh (see edit history)

hi , thanks for the help so far, i am look for a new grapics card cause i wish to improve my gaming experiance also my budget is £50 - £100.

What card were you using at the moment? As I've mentioned before, with AGP, you can't go very far. We'll need your pc spec as well in order to recommend one.

xboxrulz, that looks like a good choice.dipesh, if you're getting this, make sure you'll be keeping your current pc for a least another year. Else it's really a waste.

We need to kno a bit more like the manufacturer of the motherboard, and your power supply. From what i can see you motherboard supports AGP. there are two types of graphic cards. AGP, and PCI-E. PCI-E is compatible with newer motherboards and by far way better than AGP. Infact, AGP is not really being produced anymore, its extinct. So my first suggestion for you is that you upgrade your motherboard, but i think if its that old to the point where you can't use a PCI-E video card, i would chuck it out and get another computer because the investment isn't worth it.With AGP, if you have roughly atleast a 450W power supply, you can support a NVIDIA 7600 GT. I don't think there are any 8800 series cards that support AGP. You will be two generations behind, but should be ok to run pretty much everything made before 2008, and anything made in 2009 at low settings (referring to games). Its roughly $50 U.S and newegg has good deals. Infact you might even be able to get a bundle deal from newegg for a new card, new power supply for under a 85$ U.S