xisto Community
bob3695

Mysql Persistant Connections? Are they allowed here?

Hello,I am considering starting to contribute to this community and get free hosting from them but the hosting im looking for needs one of two things...1) Persistant MySQL Connections from PHPor2) A extreamly large amount of max_connections_per_hour set.If these are not offered would it be possible to get one of them with some extra points?Thanks,Rich

Hello,
I am considering starting to contribute to this community and get free hosting from them but the hosting im looking for needs one of two things...

1) Persistant MySQL Connections from PHP
or
2) A extreamly large amount of max_connections_per_hour set.

If these are not offered would it be possible to get one of them with some extra points?

Thanks,
Rich

Well, why do you actually need a persistant connection to MySQL? And at the same time require "extremely" large amount of connection. Normally you would only need either one. If you need both, either your programming is not well done or you're really dealing with huge amount of data that you actually need a full fledged database server.

i need one or the other. the reason is...the database is going to be accessed anywhere from 10-100 times a second. This is going to be used as a off site storage for a program called Second Life.EDIT: Can someone tell me what the max connections and the max connections per an hour are for the databases here?

Edited by bob3695 (see edit history)