xisto Community
Feelay

Make It Impossible To View Page Source

Hi!I was just wondering if it is possible to make username unable to view the page source.. I know that you can disable right click, but still, they can go to the page source from the navigation menu on the top of the browser.. if possible, I would really like a code that works on all browsers. Or if you know different codes that works on different browsers..Thanks //Feelay

Nope, not possible. HTML will always be visible, no matter what you try. Some people foolishly believe that javascript so-called 'html encryptors' protect your source, but this is untrue. They merely change it to hexadecimal coding.

If you want to hide the source of your html page, just make it blank, then no one will see anything, even the browser, because you won't have anything to show, so if the coding would be encrypted one way, when how would the browser know what to show? there is no point to hide HTML, if the browser can show your page, when it means that anyone can view your source.. people think that their html is so cool that there is some kind of point to hide it.. Even though everyone is stealing the source and using it or learn from it, for example Javascript, I usually just look into the source how it is done.. More serious thing is the stealing of images, usually a watermark or some logo at the bottom right side helps :)So there is no way and I don't think there will be in the future, but maybe someone will think of something.

There is no use to hide the page source, I mean, the only thing people see is dynamicly generated HTML code ... they see nothing of your PHP source code. If you're woried about people stealing your lay-out, then code most of it in an unlogic organized CSS :) .

You need to think through what you want to protect. Browsers are simply source-code compilers. Feed them a text and binary stream of data, and they convert it into a graphical layout on the client computer screen. The server side has complete control of the data stream.One very common choice is to use PHP, CGI, etc. to generate html text. The resulting data stream cannot be hidden, because otherwise the client browser has nothing to work on. Alternatively, the server side could do the layout itself and just send a graphic (e.g. JPG) image. This has the advantage that the client experiences "what you see is what you get," but many people with different screen sizes (for example, on a cell-phone browser) may find it completely unusable. Visually impaired users may want their browser to read the screen in audio. That would not be possible.Generating code for a browser is like writing a book. First, decide who your audience is. Then decide what that audience wants. Then give it to them, in a form that does not cause you unnecessary problems. If you go through that analysis systematically, you are left simply with the choice of tools to facilitate this process.

Another good reason to hide the page source is, even I have seen it happen for my websites, when browsing google, I saw my site being used, I mean the layout page source was stolen and put somewhere else on a server for a Chinese free hosting or something like that and different ads were put up and that really made me mad :)

Hi!
I was just wondering if it is possible to make username unable to view the page source.. I know that you can disable right click, but still, they can go to the page source from the navigation menu on the top of the browser.. if possible, I would really like a code that works on all browsers. Or if you know different codes that works on different browsers..

Thanks //Feelay

As far as i know there is no way to perform that, what you can do is to obfuscate the html code by encrypt it, about the php code you can use an encoder to encode your code prior to distribute them to your client.

One php encoder that i know and you can use is PHTML Encoder, comes in two versions -free and pro- and the free one is available to download from here. You can use this with all versions of PHP between 4.0.6 and 5.2.4.

What is PHTML Encoder?The PHTML Encoder (formerly-PHP Encoder) allows encoding PHP scripts before distributing them. The script code logic is preserved while using cryptography to hide your logic from prying eyes. It is possible to lock encoded scripts to predefined machine (Web server) via machine ID so your scripts will work only on this machine. You can use self-decodable scripts, which do not require any changes to your PHP installation. Because PHTML Encoder is a cross-platform product, this software will work on ALL computer and server platforms which support PHP. The PHTML Encoder includes console and GUI versions of converter for encryption/decryption of your scripts. You can use wildcards to easily convert a whole project. The PHTML Encoder is transparent to your visitors. It is possible to combine protected and unprotected scripts on one web site.

Best regards,

To view the source of ANY page:

1. Go to this: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
2. In the Address field, enter the URL of the page you want to view source of.
3. Check the box called Show Source.
4. Click Check.

Ignore (X)HTML errors if you aren't interested, but the validator will display the source along with markup errors if it is a page with valid character encoding.

As far as i know there is no way to perform that, what you can do is to obfuscate the html code by encrypt it, about the php code you can use an encoder to encode your code prior to distribute them to your client.
One php encoder that i know and you can use is PHTML Encoder, comes in two versions -free and pro- and the free one is available to download from here. You can use this with all versions of PHP between 4.0.6 and 5.2.4.

Best regards,

Obfuscating HTML coding is not particularly useful. Whilst changing the names of elements can be frustrating to people who want to steal, it won't stop them, just like javascript based html 'encoders'. As for PHP encoding, it's only really useful to prevent hack attacks on site's by encrypting the coding, for scripts that will be redistributed it is an annoyance and will deter users.

As i said in my previous post, you can obfuscate your HTML code to hide it from prying eyes using some kind of encryption method or with an html encoder, like this one HTML Encoder - Encode URL, Text and Decoder that i just found at the Audit My PC website.

The HTML Encoder tool is free and very easy to use. You can use to encode or decode html, url or text. Additionally at the bottom of the same page you will find a tool to help you to escape or unescape text called the Text Escape tool, this tool will look for any special characters and escape them.

So, take a look to the HTML Encoder - Decoder tool may be it can helps you.

Edit: The Encode/Decode HTML entities is another tool which you can use to convert text to HTML entities.

Best regards,

Edited by TavoxPeru (see edit history)

It's possible to hide some data from the view/page source.The view source only shows the loaded document, additional information added to a loaded document by XMLHttpRequest (AJAX) is not shown, so if you understand this, you should know of ways to hide the data.Now I'm not saying the data isn't available, but it is not as easy to get just by simply viewing the page source.Cheers,MC

I completely agree with mastercomputers and what he said is correct, that is what happens when you view the source code of the page.

If you use Firefox you can view all the source code including the loaded code with Ajax if you use Firebug for example.

Best regards,

Stopping Firebug Manipulation on the Social Gaming NetworksMake It Impossible To View Page Source

Many people who play facebook, myspace, bebo, and yahoo have played one or more of the open social games. The fact these games generate millions of dollars of revenue a year has made them a target. Since the application designers are stuck with the platforms rules. How can the use of firebugging these games to manipulate the code. The produce more problems for thecoders. The reason I ask. I am thinking of exploring this avenue of income. We have a group of people who are supporting us money wise. The problem is can anyone make a page that wont allow firebug. I know I have explored the options of manipulating game codes in order to get things I was not supposed to recieve. I ask if anyone knows a way to stop firebug from being used in any code please let me know.

-question by Gamer

take a look when you land in googleMake It Impossible To View Page Source

but it can be done by manipulate or using code, dunno exactly. Just take a look when you land in google, view source and can be copied but not for beginner.

-reply by sijibae