xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
JohnNitro

What I Learned About The Increadible Hulk Movie my review about the new Hulk movie

“The Incredible Hulk” an Incredible Disappointment!

Movie Review:

Hello all and true Marvel fans, So what did you think of the mean greens movie? As for me, a true Marvel and Hulk fan this movie from my point of view was a disappointment. This movie was the same as the last, they should have cut them both up and put them together to make a somewhat better Hulk. I can’t believe that they can mess up “The Incredible Hulk” again. I left the theater a not so happy camper, and let me tell you why this adaptation of the Hulk SUCKED!

The key things:

“Hulk need more lines and scenes”

First and fore most The Hulk can talk. All he said was grrr, graaahh, and finally he said “Hulk smash”. What about Hulk hate puny humans or puny this and that. If you read a comic Hulk talks a lot about Hulk is the strongest, hulk this hulk that. You would think they would add more lines and scenes for the Hulk, I mean it’s called “The Incredible Hulk” not watch puny Banner run. The Hulk is the main character and Banner is like a side kick. I understand you need to give ED Norton his scene time but that takes away from what they movie should be like. Hulk talk, tells Banner and others he doesn’t like Banner, he does not kill, unless it’s an accident or some incredible misfortune, or they really deserved to die.

“Puny Banner”

I actually do like Ed Norton as Bruce Banner. He reminds me of the tv banner and the comic one. What I didn’t like, was how they depicted him as thinking the hulk is some thing. In the movie time line many days have passed since he turned into the hulk. Its fair to assume that Banner should have made contact with Hulk and know his name by now. I’m sure your thinking WHAT!! made contact?? Yes, in the comic “Hulk hate Banner” (I wrote hate like that cause that was Hulk would say) and Banner hates Hulk. They don’t understand each other, they both think each other is the evil. This should have been the one of the main story lines. Hulk and Banner talk and fight in there minds, this happens in the comic books of the hulk so I think it should have been added. Dude if you make a good movie you can make a sequel. I feel they did the movie this way cause they thought they had to add the enemies (Abomination and “Thunderbolt” Ross) and it would be good and people would not care about the Hulk and Banner story. Yeah they did show a little, like that he hates turning into the hulk but that about it.

“The Hulk”

Looks, mmmm I guess he looked cool. The CG was nice but, far from the comic book version but somewhat still ok. Well it’s not like the Hulk has aways looked the same in all the stories that have been published into comics. My main concern what that he didn’t talk, he said 1 line ” Hulk Smash” That’s it. The line was awesome, but he needed more. Like I said before the Hulk talks, even if he just says Hulk is strongest, Hulk hate puny Banner. Dude, the Hulk has his own personality they should have some that. If they would have shown the part of the hulk the rest of the movie would have been awesome. Like I said above Hulk and Banner don’t see eye to eye and they talk to each other. Hulk expresses his dislike for Banner and vis versa.Planet Hulk Comic cover In one of the best Hulk stories I have read “Planet Hulk” you get a better feel for the Hulk. And he speaks a lot and in a manner that makes you think that his intellect has grow. And you see the changes from screaming beast to Green King. They journey is and awesome one and make you think, “the Hulk is learning and getting smarter”. This to me is the true Hulk. Hulk and Banner are like Donald Blake and Thor, two people stuck in one body only they don’t realize that and think that one another is a curse. I’m rambling, but back to my point if they would have added this story line not what they had about the love theme. It would have blown Ironman out the water. I would have directed, written, produced whatever a better Hulk and given the fan and new hulk spectators a Hulk to remember.

“Enemies”

Have Abomination as his enemies was pretty cool. Much better then the first adaptation because it felt better. I like how you get to see the creation of “The Leader”. These little things made the movie a bit cooler but it still fell short from what I thought would make a good Block Buster Hulk. “Thunderbolt” Ross, no complaints here. The part was played well, he does and uses what ever it takes to get the Hulk. I think he was depicted well.

“The Theme”

“An action love theme” this is what seems to have been what they were aiming for, kind of like the first one. The action was cool, but you need to remember the Hulk only attacks when someone attacks him. If anything Hulk is a pacifists, WHAT! your thinking that rampaging beast is not just some crazy monster that wants to destroy everything?? Yup, if you read the comic Hulk want to be left alone and doesn’t fight unless you make him fight or he gets annoyed with you. Even the Hulk tried to control his own anger and not just attack to attack. With that being said the action was “sweet”. The love theme…mmmm that was played out in the first movie. We know Banner and Hulk love Betty but that’s not the story. They story lies with Hulk and Banner and everyone trying to get the Hulk to try to recreate another Hulk. I mean Betty eventually dies from Abomination giving her a blood transfusing and poisoning her and comes back to life via “The Leaders” plan for revenge against to Hulk. The story is massive. But at this point in time Hulk or Bruce aren’t tripping on Betty. Hey why didnt they add Major Glenn Talbot they should have added him as Betty’s love interest instead of that nerdy guy whatever his name was. That would have made a better love theme but should not have taken to much of the movie. I liked Liv Tyler as Betty she looked like a Betty but then again Jennifer Connelly is just plain “HOT”. Guess her Royal Hotness Jennifer Connelly was better as Betty Ross just for the plain fact that she is a hotty.

Just a few more words:

The ending cameo of Tony Starks aka Ironman was awesome. And the one from Ironman with Nick Fury. All this is leading up to the creation of “The Avengers”

“Overview”

Well that’s it for what I have to say about his movie. It was as the title suggest an Incredible disappointment. I was hoping for better, guess I’ll just go watch Ironman again. That will help me feel better and give hope that there is someone out there that can take a Marvel hero and make an awesome movie.

And thats about it for that...just had to let that out and vent my displeasure as I watched this movie and got upset with the outcome.

Thanks for reading,

Regards,

JohnNitro

I saw this movie before as well. I'm not a comic book guy and never read any of them, so this is an outsider's perspective. Luckily, I had a guy with me who knew it all about the Hulk, so I got the back story.Seeing the "abridged" version of how the Hulk was 'born' was relatively understandable to a guy who doesn't have a clue, but it took my friend to tell me "They're just skipping that because they went over it already in the previous Hulk movie, so people saw that already.""Oh, well that makes sense," I whispered in the theater.The movie itself wasn't bad. Like the first poster said, it's mostly just Ed Norton running from people, which can make for a good action shot, though I'd say it's about 50% of the movie.I feel bad for the actress they got to play the lead role opposite Norton... It seems like almost every scene she was in, the director decided to make it be raining, and they pretty much had her in a white shirt every time. I don't feel bad for the male members of the audience (such as myself), as this was hot :):P I had seen Iron Man before this, also oblivious to the comic series, and found that to be more entertaining. So I would actually recommend that before Hulk. Iron Man just has more humor in it that makes it stand out more.

I have only seen the previous film Hulk (2003). It was OK, but not as interesting as other movies I have watched. I am more into shooting action films rather than just gun-less action or romantic films.It is unlikely that I'd go to the cinema to watch it, since I rarely go to watch movies, even if they are popular and interesting ones.

I saw the Iron man movie as well. That movie Rocked, even if in the comic book world i dislike Tony Starks.I'm not saying I didn't like the move but it was disappointing as I thought it would be a much bigger improvement from the first film. Like one of the posters said about the movie 50% is Bruce Banner(Ed Norton) running around. Think 10% was the hulk and the rest was the story line progression. As in Banner talking with people and making kiss face with Betty Ross (Liv Tyler).If you read the comics the Hulk story is much more then just smashing stuff even if that stuff is cool. That's is was made this move not as good. I didn't like that they made the Hulk speak only one line and the fact that they didn't show the relationship between Banner and Hulk. Instead its just a thing without feelings that screams and smashes. Like I said the Hulk is a deep character and even in the comic book universe comic writer find way to mess the hulk up and dumb down the story to hulk smash stuff and stuff. So far the greatest comics I have read were Planet hulk and world war hulk..... I recommend you all read this or at least check it out. Its so worth it.