xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tansqrx

Site Down Again, Help Or Suggestions?

I’m starting to get a complex because my site, ycoderscookbook.com is down again. I hate to SPAM the forums like this but I have a support ticket submitted and have not head anything in three days. From what I am seeing, the Gamma server is up but for some reason the DNS is not resolving to the domain. Ycoderscokbook.com has been down since Friday.Perhaps one of the admins can look into this for me :) I know that BuffloHELP was very nice after the server migration and pulled a few strings. I have the feeling that the DNS entry got yanked and that is the reason that the site is dead once again.

Mine was off last week as well.

What works for me is going to Support, posting a detailed support request, then opening up a live chat window and ask for immediate help, referencing the ID of the request.

It took 2 chats, but my DNS issue was fixed about 10 minutes after the second chat. :)

I just got done doing that and I think I got hung up on?

You are now chatting with Mich (Live Support)

Mich: Hello Joe
Joe Bob: Hello Mich
Joe Bob: I have a site on Gamma server and it's not resolving correctly now
Joe Bob: the site is ycoderscookbook.com and it went down on Friday

Mich has left the chat conversation
Click Here to Leave a Message

Mich the omnipresent... :) Whenever I've logged into the Live Support system, I've found Mich.. day or night.. the dude just doesn't sleep... or eat... or have a life in general xD or, maybe it's multiple support personnel chatting under the same nick...

Anyway, it's most likely due to the Nameserver issue.. sometime back the normal hosting account nameservers were changed to:

ns.computinghost.com (notice the missing '1' after ns)

ns2.computinghost.com

Earlier on for everyone the NS had to be ns1.computinghost.com and ns2.computinghost.com.

My wife's blog MindChimes had the same problem and it was suffering frequent downtimes over 2-3 days. Logging into the domain control panel and changing the NS record fixed the problem within 3-4 hours.

You should do the same.. if your domain's from Xisto, head over to https://xisto.com/ - or else whomever your domain control panel is hosted with.

Cheers,

m^e

30 minutes on from your post and the site works fine for me. Maybe the DNS resolved in those 30 minutes, but else if it isn't working for you then I suspect the problem is something local. Nice site, by the way. :)Also, happy birthday to m^e. :P

Edited by Mordent (see edit history)

Trap17 hosting members experienced hosting down time yesterday for few hours. I'm wondering if this is the "after-shock" from yesterday.Gamma server is for all free web hosting server for Xisto and Xisto. What happens in Xisto can relate to Xisto and vice versa.I know it's frustrating. All we can do is someone can get it straight quickly enough.

Actually about 5 minutes after I talked to “Mich” I tried again and got another tech. I told him that I was talking to Mich and explained my problem again. This time the problem was resolved very quickly. Apparently the DNS entry was removed again and once it was corrected the site was back up within 30 seconds.I have learned that live support is the way to go and if you don’t get a solution on the first try just keep bugging them.