xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
finaldesign

Pope Suffers From Cardiocirculatory Collapse are we facing the near death of Pope?

This just occured, im transfering brief news from cnn:

Pope John Paul II's condition is "very grave" after he suffers cardiocirculatory collapse and septic shock, a Vatican spokesman says. But the Vatican denies reports that the pope has fallen into a possible coma.

Pretty scary...

as a catholic, i join the multitude of people around the world who prays for the recovery of the pope...

As an agnostic with absolutely no ties to the catholic church I offer my best wishes and hope he recovers. Just because I am agnostic and don't really have alot of trust for any organized religion doesn't mean that I cannot see the pope for what he is, and what he means to catholics. I hope he has a speedy recovery.

what will happen if he isn't here? He has to die eventually. I don't think the pope really is doing much good for anyone in his condition. Quite simply, the pope is just a person and there will be another pope. He is what? 84 years old I believe? He had a long life. Let him go. IF you were gonna pray for anyone it should be for those people in Indonesia who just suffered through another disaster. Or even Teri Shrivo (who is gone now). These are the people that are often forgotten who shouldn't be forgotten. I'm not saying NOBODY prayed for them, but I'm saying more people care about the pope than they do about those I mentioned. I feel it is more important to consider the orphans who lost their parents, or the parents who lost their children in Indonesia. Those children never had a chance. Again, the pope is old, he lived a long and full life. Of course it is sad to see people die but I don't feel that bad for him. People get old. People die. Such is life.

I'm pained and feel really sorry to see the suffering of Pope. But he is quite advance in his age as well. May be its time for him to go to eternal life forever. As the last rites are being performed it seems like Pope will not last long anymore.Anyways man dies physically... its the time of season we should start praying for the new Pope as well.

to Wyllt: :) it is a good heart which should be admired most, and not his religious leanings. you have a good heart. :Dto no9t9: you are correct, everyone will die. but don't piss on anyone for wanting to pray for the recovery of a revered person who has inspired a lot of people, who even in his illness fought for Teri Shrivo's right to life, and even cared more for people of all walks of life, nationality, religion, or whatever, more than you'd care to imagine. you would be assuming too much if you think people didn't care nor even prays for people you mentioned like those people in disasters, calamities, and other individuals. a lot of people do. and we pray for souls like yours too. to dragonfly: this is the pope's second "last rites" (it's actually called, "Anointing of the Sick/Extreme Unction"). first was when he was shot by a turkish assassin way back in 1981.

Yea i agree with no9t9, the pope has been suffering and i feel very bad for him through these troubled times. Though the pope has lived a very good life and he is has been through alot so far. I do hope he will be able to live a longer healthier life but things dont always turn out for the best. Everyone eventually dies and there is no way of stopping it. If i was in that situation i would accept death because of all the things the pope has already brought to us i think his time may be coming short. We hope the best for the pope though, and wish him the best.

and we pray for souls like yours too.

That is so amazingly offensive it's not even funny. I don't need you to pray for me. In fact, DON'T. You think you're better than me? From that comment alone, it shows you are a bigot.

I never said NO ONE prayed for Shrivo or the Tsunami/Earthquake victims. In fact, I made a point to explicitly say that. I never said it was wrong to pray for the pope. And I never said he was a bad guy.

I am pointing out that there are many more things in the world that are equally as IMPORTANT as the passing of the current pope. Why don't those other important issues get the same attention? How many people were in the streets outside the hospital supporting Teri Shrivo? I guarentee it was 100's of times less than the number of people that will be out when the pope dies.

The simple fact that there is a post on this board about the pope and nothing about Teri Shrivo indicates the disparity between the importance of the pope compared to a "regular" person.

no9t9, you just rubbed me the wrong way with your earlier post, that's it. it felt you are so callous to explicitly write:

IF you were gonna pray for anyone it should be for those...

like you think not enough prayers/attention can go around, and that there is already enough for the pope and there shouldn't be more.

well, i just pointed to you that prayers for the pope and all people around the world (including you) is sufficient/enough/goes around, and is never lacking. if i were a bigot, i would exclude you in our prayers, and not include you.

and you ask: "Why don't other important issues get the same attention?"

would you have learned of teri shrivo if she was not in the news, and she didn't get attention and not publicly discussed and debated?

The simple fact that there is a post on this board about the pope and nothing about Teri Shrivo indicates the disparity between the importance of the pope compared to a "regular" person.

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/9610-terry-schiavo-the-pope-dead-and-dying-what-do-you-think/

i thought that would have been a post you made, with your constant moaning about important issues and how you feel like they get sidetracked. but i was wrong.

no9t9, you just rubbed me the wrong way with your earlier post, that's it. it felt you are so callous

First of all, I have EVERY RIGHT to be callous if I want to. Who are you to judge someone if they are not emotionally moved by an 84 year old man who's time has come? Face it, you are a bigot. I merely pointed out that the pope had a long and full life so I it wouldn't be that bad if he died. There are MANY MORE PRESSING issues in the world than the death of ONE man.

and you ask: "Why don't other important issues get the same attention?"

would you have learned of teri shrivo if she was not in the news, and she didn't get attention and not publicly discussed and debated?

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/9610-terry-schiavo-the-pope-dead-and-dying-what-do-you-think/

1. that post came AFTER my post. Look at the time.

2. just because I heard about Shrivo doesn't mean she is got the SAME type of media attention or public attention. Do you understand the concept of MORE and LESS? Simply having SOME attention is not the same as having A LOT of attention. Besides, this is just ONE example. How many people are dying in Iraq right now? How many people are dying in Indonesia? How many people are dying in Iritria? How many people are dying in the Congo? I'll bet half the people here have never even heard of Iritria...

i thought that would have been a post you made, with your constant moaning about important issues and how you feel like they get sidetracked. but i was wrong.

You are a jackass. Maybe if you learn to read, you would realize that when I said "there are other important issues SUCH AS TERRI SHRIVO AND INDONESIA", I was RAISING AWARNESS FOR THOSE ISSUES.

I am done talking to you because you are ignorant and unable to grasp any concept beyond your own. You automatically hate people who do not feel sad for the pope and you hate people who would rather see people concentrate on more concrete issues. Hating people based on their views is quite simply bigotry. Feel free to reply. I am done and will not read this thread anymore.

First of all, I have EVERY RIGHT to be callous if I want to.

at least you admit it. that's progress.

There are MANY MORE PRESSING issues in the world than the death of ONE man.

you are correct. so don't discuss it the pope with us if you think there are more pressing issues. create a new topic for those topics if you want. you can't expect us ALL to create a new topic for you, right?

that post came AFTER my post. Look at the time.

yup, that is AFTER your post in this thread. i was just wondering why you didn't make a thread on that topic in the first place.

just because I heard about Shrivo doesn't mean she is got the SAME type of media attention or public attention. Do you understand the concept of MORE and LESS? Simply having SOME attention is not the same as having A LOT of attention. Besides, this is just ONE example. How many people are dying in Iraq right now? How many people are dying in Indonesia? How many people are dying in Iritria? How many people are dying in the Congo? I'll bet half the people here have never even heard of Iritria...

blame the media, then. don't vent your frustration on us.

You are a jackass. Maybe if you learn to read, you would realize that when I said "there are other important issues SUCH AS TERRI SHRIVO AND INDONESIA", I was RAISING AWARNESS FOR THOSE ISSUES.

jackass? heheheü to callous people maybe. :D but i don't stifle your right to call me that, because your opinion about me don't matter to me. :D RAISING AWARENESS? yeah, right. as if you are the only person who cares enough about the world. :P

I am done talking to you because you are ignorant and unable to grasp any concept beyond your own. You automatically hate people who do not feel sad for the pope and you hate people who would rather see people concentrate on more concrete issues. Hating people based on their views is quite simply bigotry. Feel free to reply. I am done and will not read this thread anymore.

who hates who? :) i don't hate you. but you obviously hate me for taking a stand against your post. who's the bigot now? :D

Since I'm an Atheist, I don't have direct ties to Roman Catholic or any religion. I just hope for the best for him. It's really sad to see a world idol slip away. But as part of human life, we must accept that there's no immortality, therefore people dies.It's a fact and not fiction.xboxrulz

Pope John Paul II dies at 84

Vatican announces death

John Paul II, whose 26-year reign as the charismatic leader of the world's 1 billion Roman Catholics was highlighted by visits to 129 countries, died Saturday. He was 84. The pope -- known for his energy, intellectualism and activism on the global stage -- died Saturday night at his apartments in the Vatican. His health had been deteriorating severely for several weeks and he had battled Parkinson's disease and crippling arthritis for years.

Full story: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/