xisto Community
buherath

Mysql Backup With Another Address?

I just got my site hacked!! (don't worry because it is not on Xisto) Actually it is a wordpress blog. So I backed up my MySQL Databases with cpanel. Now when I get my hosting approved here at Xisto, can I restore those backups? Is the change of the site address going to interfere with this?Is there anyway I can edit those databases to work with my new address?Please help me out here!

You already opened another post with this problem. Try not to open several posts with the same subject, people will get lost and you will have less pertinent answers.Concerning the database backup, you have to consider two things.First of all, you should use a tool like "phpmyadmin" to backup your database on a single text file, and use the same tool to create a database with the same name and restore the table contents.Secondly, this will only restore the data inside the tables. At this moment you will have to have a look a the way the data are used by the calling program, probably a php program, and how it interacts with the Apache web server.This is simply a backup/restore problem, some people here are very skilled on this. however, they will need more informations: which application is using your database, is this a forum, is this a wordpress thing, or a blog ?

I am sorry about posting everywhere, because I didn't first see the security topics.It is a wordpress blog. It also has an autoresponder which uses a mysql database. Using the backup utility I downloaded the files and the databases.Maybe I could change some addresses in those files by opening them in notepad, and then I could restore the whole thing again here at Xisto, using cpanel backup utility, when I get my hosting approved here.Is this possible? That is my biggest problem.

Maybe I could change some addresses in those files by opening them in notepad

You can already see if you see the word "localhost" in the files, you can for instance use the "search" option in Windows Explorer.Even better, have a look here : https://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Backups
They give a full step-by-step backup/restore tutorial.
I dod not test it because I don't use wordpress yet.
Maybe some other forumers around here already tested the way to move a wordpress site ?

I just got my site hacked!! (don't worry because it is not on Xisto) Actually it is a wordpress blog. So I backed up my MySQL Databases with cpanel.
Now when I get my hosting approved here at Xisto, can I restore those backups? Is the change of the site address going to interfere with this?

Is there anyway I can edit those databases to work with my new address?

Please help me out here!

Yes, you can edit the restored databases files and then import them to your new site.

As i know, cPanel creates one .gz file for every MySql database you have on your server, each one contains a sql file with a complete database dump including all objects like tables (structure and data), indexes, etc.

Best regards,