xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
666hellradio

Windows Sp4 ? How

Could you please include some more detailed information with your post? Things like source of information (e.g. a web site, Wikipedia, etc), what version of Windows you are talking about (XP, Vista, 2000) and any other relevant details would be helpful to understand your post.Right now I am left assuming that it is Windows XP that SP4 is being released to, but service packs generally include Microsoft updates that come from time to time, and so far none/few have been released since SP3, so I don't see any reason that SP4 is being developed right now.

I agree with FirefoxRocks, it's impossible that Microsoft is about the release a new Service Pack for windowsXP.Another reason why Microsoft won't release a new SP soon is because they can't develop such thing in a few months, they realy need a lot of time for it. Also, if microsoft needs to release a big fix now, then they do that a) via automatic updates and :) very big fixes for such an old OS are a bit strange.Thus, could you please give us your source ?

Basically, I trust that microsoft will continuely to developing new services packsto improve it's operating system.But the version mentioned might be an alpha that demo how the new sp should look.And might changed overtime as work progress towards to beta and rc.As FirefoxRocks and wutske said, would you possible provide a bit more information about it ?Eric,

I highly doubt that Microsoft is going to release any more service packs for Windows XP because I'm sure that they rather spend the time and effort on Microsoft Windows Vista and their upcoming Windows 7 operating system.However, I won't be surprised if they released small updates.xboxrulz

Yeah, I also doubt they will release it, SP3 was so to much late, it would be stupid if SP4 would be out soon, hahaha, well I would laugh if that would happen.. Small updates are coming even though people have installed XP with SP3 :PAs I know Vista will soon be replaced with another Windows version? by soon I meant that it won't be so soon :)

Surely Microsoft will keep releasing small patches and updates, it would be unresponsible for them not to, but they aren't going to spend too much time in this old OS anymore (except maybe for making it windows server 2008 compatible, but that's another story). Just think about Windows98, how long did microsoft release updates for this OS ?

Just think about Windows98, how long did microsoft release updates for this OS ?

Support statusUnsupported as of July 11, 2006

Reasonably assuming that support = fixing the little like what makes up SP3.

What will the Service Pack Update include (What bugs will it fix, will it increase operating speed, ect.). I thought SP3 just came out the other day, why would they release the two packages so close together?