xisto Community
JohnNitro

Youtube Videos add videos to my site

Hello and thanks for taking the time to read this and help me out. I was wonder if I could get help with an issue I'm having. I want to add youtube featured videos to my site. I'm not sure about what to input into my site to get the videos to load there. I want it to be like a slideshow of the featured videos and I want it to be automated so that it is always changing if an new video is added. Yes, I'm a noob at making sites so even if this maybe simple for others I'm not sure what to do.I have seen a few places that have a few boxes and the videos show there but I just want it to appear in one box and if possible make it a slide show or random. I think that would be cool. Another question is there a way to have it so it only shows videos of my area ( LA, Hollywood) or would that be to much. Would it be better if the videos where of the area of the person visiting the site? I'm not sure about these things and if I could get help from you all that would be great. If you think this were stupid questions please don't post. I really need help with this and don't want to have to read negative post. But I just want to say thanks to the people that do help. RegardsJon

Warning this is completely off the top of my head. It seems you could select several videos that meet your requirements and then place the embed information from you tube into an array. Then you could make a script to select a videos information from the array and display that one one your page. Sounds simple anyway. :)

I think you're looking into making another youtube but with different UI right?If so, you should be looking into Macromedia Flash. Youtube's video is powered by flash player. The video is stored as flv (flash video). Although the later mp4 is offered for those with faster connection speed, which has much higher quality compare to flv.

I have it in my head, but all I can think about is the random GUI method. I have it set for a lot of my images on my webpage to rotate randomly, and I am trying to think how youtube could do so. Then I think that you don't want it random, and then it could be like sort array with like recent date.I am also a bit rusty with a lot of scripting, too. But I believe like I read before, looking to set it into an array might be the way to go... because scripting isn't as solid as rotating images and URLs... at least I think so... or, you could leave coding open, and replace it with new information... I do that sometimes with a lot of my updating... it is a bit cheesy at times, but it may do the trick.That is why I have so much useless data and files, and HTML pages in my webpage folder... I would think you could always experiment. If I can think of anything more logical than luck, I will post it for you... good luck.

Thanks a lot for you help and yeah when you get some info let me know. I know I had a pre made code for video feeds and having it load and be random but I can't find it and or can think what it was..... I'm still trying to work it out an make it work and any help would be great. Thanks again for taking your time to read this and answering my questions. i can always count on getting help here, from the small to big projects. So to to get an update the site is up but still needs a lot of work to make it a lot better.So far I'm just posting ,movie reviews I write and thing of that nature...speaking or movie i saw dark Knight and hellboy 2,,, batman was sweet.. best batman up to. All the other batman's pale in comparison to this one. Joker was amazing, he played the part so well, sucks that he died. I sure he will get a award for his part.Ok getting of topic well, thanks once again for the help and hope to hear something soonpeace out yall,JohnNitro

Create an adsence account and add the youtube videos might even get paid, or create a channel on youtube, then insert the code into your page, the adsence code is the simplest, also youtube videos have code on the regular site for blogs and ect

You will probably find it useful to check out the YouTube APIs from Google, here: https://developers.google.com/youtube/?csw=1

In particular, the video bar widget allows you to add a strip of thumbnails to your site. You can learn more about it here: https://www.google.de/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=jP8HVeWsJ8OEqQX76IDoAQ&gws_rd=ssl

Something else you might be able to use is the YouTube custom video player, with which you can put a playlist of videos (or your YouTube favorites list) into a single player and add it to your site. It is very easy to create and install, starting here: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Hi Guys

I guess you could do those things. But there is also a website called "Widgetbox.com. Widget Box has a premium Blidget Developing system and that premium Blidget Developing system has a Blidget that when you create it you give them your Youtube username and it has a bar with all of your latest videos.

Cheers :D