xisto Community
Paul - paulsbeboskinz

Good Powerpoint Maker Software (not Microsoft Powerpoint But Something Similar) Looking for free powerpoint software.....

OpenOffice.org has a presentation program in its office suite. You can download it here at http://www.openoffice.org/.

It also includes other office software such as Word (Writer), Excel (Calc), PowerPoint (Impress), Access (Base) and Math (for mathematical equations).

If the office suite is too large to download, you can use a Google Account (Gmail account) to use Google Docs and Spreadsheets to create a presentation that you can present online or download.

OpenOffice.org impress (impress is the powerpoint part of OoO) is a good alternative to powerpoint, but I do have to mention that it doesn't has the capabilities of microsoft's office powerpoint. It's more basic and flat compared to the bling bling stuff powerpoint can make.The good thing about OoO is that it can export to microsoft office formats and it does that job pretty well as long as you don't use too complex features.

I agree with everybody, OpenOffice is your best choice, but if you don't want to download and install any thing, take a look to the Presentations Editor of the Google Docs Suite and give it a try.I just test it yesterday, and i got a very good result, it is very easy to use, have a nice and simple interface and you don't need to download or install any thing to your machine, you can also share your presentation almost instantly.Best regards,

I also agree, if you don't want to waste money or you're a student and can't really afford to get MS Office Suite, when working with Open Office is a great Alternative, even though you can get access to MS Office at most of Universities, Libraries and even Schools, to learn use both would be even better, usually learning one is quite enough, due to they both work similarly.. The only bad thing about OO is that MS Access and OO Base, well Base doesn't have so much of things, even though it might have changed, due to I didn't execute Base for a year, but I doubt.. In my opinion, Access isn't as needed Today as it used to be anyway.. :)