xisto Community
Feelay

How To Create A "user Profile" Page. No design (easy to add later if you want).

I changed this:---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$Members = mysql_query("SELECT user FROM characters WHERE level ='1' ORDER BY exp DESC") or die(mysql_error());---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

to this---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$Members = mysql_query("SELECT user FROM user WHERE level ='1' ORDER BY exp DESC") or die(mysql_error());---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

in member.Php,  than I got this error? "Unknown column 'user' in 'field list'"How do I fix this?------------------------------------------I think I was using a different database when I created that tutorial.Just change the "user" to the column in your database that takes care of all usernames.And change characters, to the name of the table you are using to store all the data.----------------? whot do you mean :P eeeh

-reply by UtubeKeywords: create php profile

i saw a tutorial just like this one on Xisto its quite old.i found it out when i was searching for a free login and registration script.Will have to find it out. :o

A step by step tutorial how to create a signin, signup and profile using phpHow To Create A "user Profile" Page.

I know I am asking too much This "a stet by step tutorials on how to create a sign in page, sign up page or register script and a user profile page". Just like what Freelay posted here. The problem is I'm not a webmaster or a compter expert but I believe that if somebody will make a step by step tuturials I could learn as what I am always doing now. Just for example if somebody will say: First to do is "create a table, then go here and go there, click here and click there, eccc, second create a bla bla bla...And so on...So doing like this I think many peole will be happy like me.

Like me I want this in my website but I don't know how to do it:

that can provides the following facilities:

* Authentication* Signup page* Account confirmation* Login / logout / log as someone else* Edit account* I have lost my login!* I have lost my password!* Delete account
 *A profile page which users can edit their account if they want
This is I want to create and put it in my website. I thinking to make a website where anyone can sign up and make their own account and have a website like mine. A website with multiple Users.
Can anybody help me about this or suggest me some tutorials site?
I really need your help guys, Thank you in advance.

-reply by socrates

i need a way i can add seperate profiles to each user. Can anyone help?!How To Create A "user Profile" Page.

I'm looking for a system where u log in and I takes u to your profile page in which u can edit.

Ive already got the log in/register stuff sorted but I need profile pages. A bit like myspace of facebook.

If any one knows of anyway to do this please say so or give me a link. Thank you 

-reply by flagman186

Nice tutorials freelay. Didn't knew they were here in Xisto. I think i need to look for threads by searching now. Thanks for thread-bump hannah.

Web Design CSSHow To Create A "user Profile" Page.

I am in a software program design class at Springfield Clark CTC in Ohio and am currently learning about css. I know how to link all thepages together, change padding, bordercolor and width and alot of other things but would this code be set up in a css stylesheet, embedded? How should I put the code in.

/txtmngr/images/smileys/smiley13.Gif

-reply by Nicole Stephson

FTP servers, php filesHow To Create A "user Profile" Page.

I am creating a website with a friend and have currently downloaded a FTP thing for firefox. To create this to be used on my website how would I set it up?

I am wanting to do profiles for my website antisocialonline.Webs.Com and need to use the codes. When creating these in note pad or another source should I use the file extension .Php or something else?

/txtmngr/images/smileys/smiley11.Gif

-reply by Nicole

header error - regcheckHow To Create A "user Profile" Page.

hello I'm building to login, reg and member profile parts and I am having an issue with regcheck.Php.

You Are Registered And Can Now LoginWarning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/gigbasket/regcheck.Php:44) in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/gigbasket/regcheck.Php on line 47

I have try a fresh install of xampp   and tried changing the header to direct to other files but I still get the same???

please help

thanks

rick

I'm trying this on my new website. For some reason if I go to the Members page it says "Table 'databaseName.charecters' doesn't exist". How can I fix it?

I'm trying this on my new website. For some reason if I go to the Members page it says "Table 'databaseName.charecters' doesn't exist". How can I fix it?

And does this table exist?

I'm not sure. It doen't say anything like that in the script, does it?

"databaseName.charecters" Such a name is necessarily coming from somewhere ! Have a look inside your files, you will necessarily find it.