xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Feelay

What Can You Do With C++?

Hey!I have some questions about C++.1. Can you build robots with it, or is it only for computers?2. If the first question is yes, then is there anything else I can create, more than robots, using C++ outside of the computer I am using atm? and if yes, any exapmles?3. Can you create RPG games like World of Warcraft and strategy games like Warcraft 3?4. Can you create your own Operative System (OS)?I just want to know how strong C++ really is.Thank you.//Feelay

C++ is a very powerful language, to answer your questions:1. Possibly, depends on your definition of a robot.2. Ditto, depends on your definition.3. Yes. That's easily possible with C++.4. Yes, but it'll require assembly language too, operating systems need assembly for the lower level tasks.

find my ans,1. Can you build robots with it, or is it only for computers? : Yes but preferred is embedded C with microcontroller, You can program microcontroller with C++ also. 2. If the first question is yes, then is there anything else I can create, more than robots, using C++ outside of the computer I am using atm? and if yes, any exapmles? : As i already mention C++ can be used for embedded probramming that means you can use it to program hand held device, many type of automation, mobile application development etc.. list grows... 3. Can you create RPG games like World of Warcraft and strategy games like Warcraft 3? : Yes .. very well used in game development , there are many C++ librarys to develop games.4. Can you create your own Operative System (OS)?: Yes but not preferred, as C is the strong language for this.

ok. thank you.Another fast question. The difference between c++ and visual c++ is that visual c++ uses windows instead of that black boxes :( but do they have the same language??both use the cout <<"blabla"; etc.? or is it any differences when it comes to coding?

As far as I know, Visual C++ is only an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for C++ programming, which is provided by Microsoft and is part of their Visual Studio. I tend to use Netbeans since I can program in C, C++ and Java on the same IDE and it's free!Visual C++ is not another programming language.xboxrulz

both use the cout <<"blabla"; etc.? or is it any differences when it comes to coding?

cout << "blabla"; usually works with command line applications, using such things like visual c++ and creating a windows form application, I doubt you would find where to use cout, usually you don't even include <iostream> and etc. you're using the visual c++ programming, something->somewhere.text = "blabla";

cout << "blabla"; usually works with command line applications, using such things like visual c++ and creating a windows form application, I doubt you would find where to use cout, usually you don't even include <iostream> and etc. you're using the visual c++ programming, something->somewhere.text = "blabla";

Actually, the situation is a little bit more complicated than that. cout << doesn't serve the purpose of "outputting text into that black box", but something more than that. Each and every application has three default files open: standard input, standard output and standard output for errors, known as STDIN, STDOUT and STDERR. They DO NOT represent "black boxes", "screen" etc. They actually represent abstract data channels that can be redirected anywhere - to the screen, to a file, to a device, over the internet etc. It is only that DEFAULT redirection is to the output of the shell that ran the application.

Looking back to visual programming, one might redirect standard output to an object that displays messages graphically, so in that situation cout << "something" would be displayed at the screen in any graphical manner developer wants.