xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kanade

Which God Do You Worship?

In hindus there are thousands of God and its difficult to point out any one God which i warship?But i love Ganesh, cose of his size and many intresting story linked to him.

Well, no hindu, but my friend is. He worships Ganesh as well. I like the (no disrespect meant) elephant like God, simply because it looks cooler and is well publised. But as an athiest I find it hard enough to beleive in one God let alone the no. of them in hinduism.

Edited by kobra500 (see edit history)

I do not yet know, i have been brought up around catholics, but there religion is far too strict (you cant do this, you can do that) annoys me, i do believe in a God however and like to foow him in my own way

This is an interesting question even if you are a Christian who only believes in one God, because regardless of this there are quite a few different concepts/pictures of God that many Christians believe in.There is the jealous God obsessed with His right to our worship, who created all the heavens and everything on earth in order to glorify Himself. Apparently our purpose is to make Him look good and so not only is worshiping other things is a big no no, but we are really supposed to love and think of Him first and before anything else, all day long everyday.There is the purist God who cannot associate with evil of any kind and human beings are so completely corrupt that everything we do is evil and worthless in His eyes, and thus every thing that seems beautiful, joyful, or creative to us is completely sinful and prideful, and so in order to be acceptable to God we must crush every thought, laugh, or smile of our own to be humble before the Lord.There is the hard hearted God who finds it very difficult to forgive us because any offense against Him even the smallest bad thought is an infinite offense deserving eternal torment in a place like our worst nightmares called hell, and so we can only be forgiven if a perfect and divine being lays down his life in a blood sacrifice for our sake.There is the controling God who demands our obedience to every idiotic law that He cares to make and who condemned the first human ancestors for daring to seek the knowledge required to distinguish right from wrong. This must be the God in the Old Testament who commanded people to commit genocide or to sacrifice the one child that they loved because He didn't think we ought to think for ourselves about what is right and wrong. There is the wrathful God to whom we are nothing but clay pots to do with as he pleases. It is not for us to complain if He takes is anger out on us and sends us to Hell. Apparently we deserve whatever we get and so I guess it is His right to destroy and torment whomever He chooses. Perhaps this is to make the rest of us that much more grateful that it wasn't us. There is the manipulative God who sets before you this "choice": 1) To believe what the Christians tell you to believe and do what the Christians tell you to do and you will be resurrected to live in eternal happiness. OR 2) To be tortured with unimaginable pain for an eternity. Apparently for those who believe in this God, abject fear of Him is the same as righteousness.There is the sadistic God that will resurrect the suicide from the dead and to add insult to injury will proceed to torture this poor person for an eternity on top of that. He will do the same to anyone with a bad thought but somehow the above seems particularly cruel and unnecessary to me. Why can't He just leave them alone?Then there is the humble God, who is gentle and lowly in heart, who not caring anything about being God, set aside all His power and knowledge to become a helpless human infant, and after growing up perfectly blameless to show how we should live, He was mocked and whipped before being excecuted on a cross. This He did this in order for us to get past all the lies and misunderstandings to show how much He loves us and thus to heal our relationship with the infinite God in whom we can find eternal life.So we can ask the Christian which of these does he believe in?Me? Well I am a Christian and maybe it is pretty obvious that it is only the last of these that I believe in. But then... I am a theistic evolutionist who believes in an historical Adam and Eve whose separation from God was not about disobedience but about refusing responsibility for their actions, and that God only did what was best for them. I am a pluralist, who believes that the Bible is the word of God, but that human diversity is also a beautiful creation of God that is part of His work of salvation too. I am an open theist who believes in the immortality of the soul and a God who created us not by design like robots but by encouragement and with the motivations of a parent. I am a born again evangelical who believes that God offers salvation to all but requires us to choose, but not in order to manipulate and control (just to tell us what to believe and do), because He is really all about liberating us from habits which destroy our free will and about helping us to realize our own highest ideals and potentiality in creative talents, so that we will live our lives to the fullest in a relationship with Him.

Edited by mitchellmckain (see edit history)

I worship Buddha,of cz...mainly cz im a Buddhist. Buddhism teaches us gud. Same ting goes to other religions. ALL religions teach us gud tings.