xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kopman9

E-mail - Firefox

Evening allBasically I use firefox rather than IE, however when I sign in on msn and it tells me that I've got an email, if I click to receive my emails on the email icon of msn, it goes to my inbox via IEIs there any way of changing this to open automatically in firefox? IE bugs me with how slow it is and opening emails is a nightmare, but I can't find anywhere to change itIf not, I might have to start using outlook or something, 'cus it's doing my head in!

I avoid MSN thus I may be speaking from my posterior here. That said MSN may have a preferences page somewhere with a setting allowing the change you seek. Otherwise I am not surprised in the least that a Microsoft product would only want to use a Microsoft product.

I'm pretty sure that you cannot change this option, you must load the 'New Email' Link into IE. This is why MSN requires IE before it installs (as well as other reasons).The most simple way to get around it is to make a favourite in Firefox and open it whenever MSN says you have mail. Besides that, theres not too much you can do!

Sadly I'm almost certain you can't. I've looked around a lot for a way to do so myself and haven't had any success. It's odd, really, how I use Firefox for all of my web browsing except for checking one of my email accounts. It's not as if you can't log in to Hotmail (or any of its other names) with Firefox, just it refuses to let you do so when clicking on that little link in MSN Messenger.Still, if anyone knows of a way then do share. :(

Thing is that regardless of your default browser, Windows Live Messenger will still call upon Internet Explorer in order to open the link. This ensures that people will use Internet Explorer than Mozilla Firefox, Safari or Opera on their Windows machines.xboxrulz