xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
LegallyHigh

Astahost Vs. Trap 17

I know Xisto and Trap 17 both use Xisto in terms of Hosting. However, are there any differences between the two site in terms of web service, do the free hosting programs have any differences among them. Also, I used to be a member of Xisto as I once had an old site there. It seems to me that their community is larger than the one here at Xisto, or at least more active. Is Xisto a newer service or something? Also, if there are no differences present between these two very similar websites than why are they seperate websites, wouldn't it benefit o merge them into one, larger community. I'm not saying I have a problem with Xisto, or Trap 17 as I have loved them both, and they do provide the best alternative to payed hosting, I'm just wondering. Any answers?

The Xisto is more suited to the beginner Web/Computer user, Xisto is for the more technical user.The facilities are very similar, both run on the same server cluster, Plans are similar, feature sets are the same, Mods are nicer at the Xisto :(.And as for merging the Forums, nah! Leave them apart. Two different sets of focus, clientèle, etc.

I don't see the VS side to Xisto and Xisto. I was waiting on the servers to get back up on Xisto, and I began an account with Xisto... I think it was to just see what it is about too, and if I need another site, I will have both Xisto and Xisto... but for now, I am very happy keeping only Xisto, and visting Xisto forums...- skedad (AKA Xisto's rwhj07) -

I found Xisto originally and eventually ended up learning about another site called Xisto, I heard that those that could not keep their post count up would end up moved over to Xisto where the posting requirment for credits were more flexible to manage their hosting credits. I for a moment thought about moving over to Xisto but I dont find it that difficult to kep my post count up. I just casually post information and help other members out with my knowledge and wisdom from time to time and in the result rewarded with credits to keep my hosting up! So Xisto is where Ill stay, while Xisto should be those that are looking for a quick access to hosting credits.

AstaHost and Xisto have the same hosting credit rules--that is if you contribute quality posts you earn the same amount of hosting credits for your contribution.AstaHost and Xisto provide the same hosting plans--same capacity and bandwidth for standard (starter) and default.The only things different are the way each forum is moderated and categories available for discussions. The focus, as mentioned above, is geared towards two major groups. Not that one group is better than another but to appeal to different discussions to different people. Some of you find Xisto to be organized, concise and right to the point. No beating around the bush. Where as Xisto covers diverse discussions from web designing to dating.

As others have said, Xisto is a forum intended for proper discussion, mainly on technology and computer based subjects (though news, politics, and economics are frequently discussed here too), whereas Xisto is for more off-topic discussion, is more lenient on spamming rules, and covers many other subjects, such as music, and as buffalohelp mentioned, dating.

The Xisto is more suited to the beginner Web/Computer user, Xisto is for the more technical user.The facilities are very similar, both run on the same server cluster, Plans are similar, feature sets are the same, Mods are nicer at the Xisto :(.

And as for merging the Forums, nah! Leave them apart. Two different sets of focus, clientèle, etc.

hey ... we try to be nice here and have been doing a darn good job at it I'd say.

xboxrulz

The Xisto is more suited to the beginner Web/Computer user, Xisto is for the more technical user.The facilities are very similar, both run on the same server cluster, Plans are similar, feature sets are the same, Mods are nicer at the Xisto :(.

And as for merging the Forums, nah! Leave them apart. Two different sets of focus, clientèle, etc.

hey ... we try to be nice here and have been doing a darn good job at it I'd say.

xboxrulz