xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
FirefoxRocks

Did Cpanel Upgrade?

Ok, I checked into my cPanel this morning and I noticed the new theme. Initially I thought it was just a theme, but then I noticed things were grouped differently and it offered video tutorials. Did Xisto go through a cPanel upgrade?

...you can access your cPanel? Nice, I haven't had access to anything since the server "outage" (alright, I know it's not a real outage, but you know what I mean): sites; cPanel; email; anything. It's been a good few days now without access to my (now primary) email address, which is irritating me slightly, but I suppose it's worth it in the long run. Either way, I'm curious why you can see your cPanel and I can't see mine. *shrugs*

in short, yes.Gamma got a few upgrades during the migration...CPU and RAM upgrades as well as the newest version of cPanel.We still have PHP5 and MySQL5.You can access the cPanel with IP address or read BuffaloHELP's topic and change yor HOST's file to point directly to your domain's true IP address.Currently, the nameservers are simply directing requests to your domain to the wrong (old) IP address.This is not the case for Xisto subdomains...The support team is continuing to work on any issues that may have popped up as a result of the migration / upgrades.vujsa

The cpanel skin you see is the default skin. The old skin was actually a purchased skin for old IP. Since the migration of servers to new IP the license is invalid with the new IP. Therefore, just the skin is at a default--but seems new to us :(

The cpanel skin you see is the default skin. The old skin was actually a purchased skin for old IP. Since the migration of servers to new IP the license is invalid with the new IP. Therefore, just the skin is at a default--but seems new to us :(

Does this mean we will be going back to the rv theme once they get the license sorted out? I very much like the default CPanel 11 Theme and it would be nice to keep it. (I know there is an entire topic on this, so im not going to discuss it any further :P) Edited by Jimmy89 (see edit history)

There are various issues with the migration, caused a lot of headaches since no one is answering my questions and a lot of things are not working. My website is completely crippled.As for the skin, keep it, I rather this skin than the other one. I've always preferred the default skin over the rv skins.xboxrulz

I guess I should consider myself lucky. (The harder I work, the luckier I get! :P )

If you're on gamma, you should have 3 ways to get to cPanel (securely):
(1) site:2083/
(2) http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
(3) http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

In each case, you MAY get a complaint or two about a questionable certificate. That is because Shree rolls his own. He don't need no stupid "authority" to tell him his certificate is OK. After you accept it (for one time, or more), you will next be presented with an (insecure) popup ID/Password box. Close it. If you're going to the trouble to use encryption, you don't need to send your password in the clear. Finally, you are presented with a secure cPanel login page. Give it your account name (the username after the ~ in the "home" designation), and the corresponding password, and you should be in. That's what cPanel needs to sort out which linux "user" you are trying to get to, on a shared server.

(2) and (3) worked for me as soon as the DNSs had the new address for gamma. The first took longer because I didn't read the instructions carefully. I was pinging on support instead of sales. (April 30: Update on Server Migration: If still your site is not online, immediately send an email to the sales department with your domain, server ip and name in the billing record.) I finally noticed that detail and sent an email to sales at about 10 PM (U.S. Mountain Time) on Saturday, long after "sales" was supposed to be closed. That was what? 4 AM in India? The response was instantaneous, from Shree. That guy is amazing! Six hours later, my domain was recognized with the new IP in the DNSs.

Hope this works for you! :(

xboxrulz, I posted a possible solution to Announcement section. If you have PARK or ADD-ON domain, try detaching it and re-park or add-on. You'll see that http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ works almost immediately. But just your yourdomain.ext will not. Give it about 24 hours and it should come back.As for keeping the current skin there's no word from OpaQue. And yes, there are many things that current server cannot perform, such as myphpadmin and other valuable hosting commands (some fantastico are reporting errors). I have no word from OpaQue still. I'll try to keep you all updated.