xisto Community
Chesso

Hook Xbox 360 To Laptop.

Hello, I am going to get a laptop very soon (hopefully tomorrow at some point), and where I live at the moment a tele isn't exactly ideal let alone cheap.Does anyone know what ways I may be able to hook my xbox 360 (and others) to display on the laptop screen?Aside from features that may come with it (like s-video input or something like that).I'm using standard AV cables for the 360, plus it has an s-video cable for s-video input.

As far as i know, there aren't many laptops (if any) that have video inputs. They do have many outputs! You would need a kind of video capture card to get the AV signal from the Xbox onto the laptop. I know there are many capture cards for pc's (and usb style ones for laptops) but I am not sure if you are able to feed live signals to the pc (i.e. if there would be a delay from you using the xbox to it showing on the laptop screen).Good Luck, let us know what you find out!

Yea that seems like it would likely cause some issues. As mentioned a capture card would be needed and its very unlikely that wouldn't cause a potentially disastrous amount of lag. People notice if there is a ms delay in videogames so I can imagine having it be processed and pumped through it would probably seem like you were playing an online game over a 14K modem :|

Ok mate. First of all you can connect your xbox 360 to your lappy provided it meets the basic requirement which is1. 256 mb ram2. Intel celeron 1.3 ghz or equivalent 3. Atleast 250 mb of free space4. Directx 9.0 and sound card Now the name of the device is "Adaptec gamebridge avc 1400 series", therez ofcoure the new "1410" one with the difference being that the latter comes with a tv tuner. I have the former one and trust me mate, it works perfectly with no delay. But, like everything, it has its own pros and cons. And, the 'con', I am facing is, a black and white display, which does have a solution, but I am yet to find out. All the best mate! tc and happy gaming!

Novatel USB CardHook Xbox 360 To Laptop.I have a sprint usb novatel card for my pc and I get on xbox live with it by hooking a ethernet cable up from your xbox 360 to your pc then either bridging the connections or using sharing on the novatel to local area connection. I took me awhile to mess around with it and it depends on what version of windows you have. I have windows 7 and you have to use sharing but I think xp and vista you can bridge which is 10x easier. Look for a youtube video.-reply by LSULambert

going live w xbox 360 eliteHook Xbox 360 To Laptop.

I have a Macbook pro with OS X 10.4.11. I use a Sprint Novatel Wireless Ovation U727 usb device for Internet access. How do I go live with my 360 elite using this set up without having to purchase any more equipment?

Thanks, 

-reply by dugalupagas

New Verizon DSL Wireless Service: CanHook Xbox 360 To Laptop.

I just got Verizon DSL Wireless Service and it came with an Actiontec GT704WGB Gateway. I cant seem to connect to XBOX Live because it comes up with a error message of "MTU of 1364 or higher needed." I was on the phone for 6hrs today between Actiontec, Verizon, and Microsoft. I cant be the only Verizon customer out there. Does anyone have a solution that they can share. I am thinking that I may have to buy a modem and use my old router (Linksys) which worked like a charm. By the way, am trying to run 3 XBOX's and my computer, all wireless. Thanks in advance. 

-question by Michele

hey I had the same problem. Ok you go your comp then edit you router at the .Com then you change the settings you'll be set. I hope this helps 

-reply by Seamus

well the answer is simple first u need a DSL cable or a internet cable it dosent matter both same just differnt names. Anyway u plug it in your xbox then your laptop. When that is done test your connection and if internet fails, then what u do is go on your laptop right click on the internet monitor or double click but then you have to go to manage wireless connections or manage connections there should be 2 things there the second one, its the one on the right u right click on it and were it says sharing u click and make sure both boxes r on then save and turn your xbox off then on if that isnt working check your connection by testing it, it should work. Checking the box alows the internet to go to your xbox. This is what I did and it works. And if u play halo 3 and what to get on your laptop and use for a screen I recomend using a esaycap capture card its not HD but u have to install the disk so u can use it on your laptop after that don't bother using the editing or video program it has lag and will make u want to throw your labtop out the window what u do is download Dscaler its a free download its pretty cool and easy to use with NO LAG but taking pictures on it is the only thing that goes wrong and u cant hear the sound off your laptop unless u start to record and then stop the recording and look at the video and if u want to hear urself talking off xb live then u put it on both instind of headset only u need it to be on stero and headset and heres the link for the Dscaler download (http://www.videohelp.com/software) and after u have it running don't forget to pick for device on it the easycap iz sk and a bunch of other letters to it but cant remember. Hope this helps and also if u have time look up my montage its called (proclimation a halo 3 montage) on youtube.Com

Keywords:

Are there any game controllers compatible to a netbook?Hook Xbox 360 To Laptop.I'm saving some money to get a netbook from verizon next month and I was confused as to whether or not there were any playstation 3 or Xbox360 controllers you could use on it to play computer games and what not?-question by Someguy

re:whateverHook Xbox 360 To Laptop.

ok well on my gateway netbook from verizon I went to controll panel and went to network and internet connections. Then I went to network connections. On my gateway I have a built in modem thing. So all really you have to do is share the connections. Share the dial-up with the local connections with one of the LAN or HIGH-SPEED INTERNET or which ever one works. Good luck and I hope you've got it. My MTU is still acting up but if I figure out something then I shall post something.