xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
onyxgem

Grand Theft Auto Iv new game

Ok the new game of grand theft auto has finally came out.Tell me what you think of the game. Im not saying that i got the game but i want to know how the game play is.Compare Grand Theft Auto IV to Grand Theft Auto San Andreas and Grand Theft Auto vice city. just those three games i want to see if i should buy it please also Tell me if the graphics our good.thanks and start posting.

Ok, I've had it since it came out and I can tell you it is definitely worth buying. It is by far the most impressed I've been by the current generation of videogames. The graphics might not be quite as amazing as some of the other top end games but that is by NO means saying they are not great. They look amazing, but due to rendering entire ginormous cities at a time they may not always pull the same level of detail as say crysis or something. Again, I'm in no way slighting the graphics, they look great.Now, the game itself plays like a GTA game. The general feel is that of GTA3/VC/SA and this is a good thing. They dropped the having to eat/workout aspects of San Andreas but this isn't a loss really, just a change. The cars are amazing, the environment feels like a real city WAY more than the previous games, the voice acting is top notch as always, and the storyline has been so far very compelling.There is a ton of stuff to do and the mechanics that they've implemented to do the new stuff is really handled very well. Many sites like IGN and gamespot have given it a perfect score which is rare on some of these sites but it deserves it without a shadow of a doubt. Every time I fire it up I catch some other thing the creators included that impresses me.Now to note, if you just play the games to rush through the storyline you will miss A LOT. I'm sure you'll still have fun, but it's amazing how much supplementary content there is. Even not including the multiplayer, just things like the television shows you can watch in your apartment, driving around and watching the city live around you, visiting an internet cafe and emailing a site for dates, etc are so much fun. The game just takes the idea of a videogame, ignores it, and creates a world that can be played instead of a game to be played.So in case you can't tell, I was blwon away by GTA4. I've seen nothing so far to slight it and frankly its one of the few games I've purchased where dropping that much money on it hasn't felt at all like a ripoff. They deliver way more value in this one game than most other games that give you 10-15 hours of fun for the same price. If you enjoyed the GTA3 series, GET THIS GAME.

I am in total agreement. This is a great game, a superb follow-on from San Andreas. As Jeigh said, the graphics are very good. I very much like the small cut scenes that have been placed into the game, particularly the ones where you break into a car and when you 'pass-out'.The physics system, according to Rockstar underwent enormous changes, and it shows. My favourite action is when the character is tossed from a motorbike and like a rag doll, goes flying through the air, only to land and roll along the ground for a few meters. The same actions go for when you are in a car. If you manage to find a pole that your car can't go through, you'll go flying through the windscreen (with sound effects) and rolling onto the ground!One thing I am yet to get used to is the pace of walking. From what I read before the game was released, Rockstar was going for a realistic approach to the game (the main reason airplanes where not included as usable objects). The pace that you walk at is much slower then the last versions (SA,VC,3) and does take a while to get used to. As does the car dynamics. In San Andreas I was very used to flying around corners in cars all the time. Now you have the be more careful how you drive, again, more realistic! The cars (well the ones Ive driven) like to slide out when pulling on the handbrake and can get hard to control, especially when its wet!The time of day effects are also amazing! As day goes by, the sun goes overhead and casts shadows on everything. Every time i look up and see a shadow from a building or a train passing overhead, I imagine how much work went into the graphics, its amazing!I have to recommend this game to anyone that has previously played and game from this series, and to anyone that hasn't. Defiantly worth the money!

Oh yea, the car dynamics changes are a good thing to point out. Also the walking speed. I too found both of those odd for a bit to start out with, but I QUICKLY adjusted to the walking speed (plus run is still available and also sprinting and stamina isn't an issue like in San Andreas) and I loved the changes to how driving works. I used to enjoy driving around in the GTA3 series games but not because of the actual driving, but only for the mayhem I could cause. The bikes were a little fun but driving from point A to B in GTA3 through to San An just seemed pretty bland. In GTA4 driving is a treat, as fun as most racing games I've seen with the exception of a few. The damage to cars is cool and every vehicle handles differently and appropriately. Big muscle cars will swing around corners with way too much force while vans and trucks will lift off two wheels if you dont slow down enough. Personally I feel the driving in this game was done extremely well.

Just adding to the detail on the cars, I especially like the damage caused by being shot at - you actually get bullet holes in the car, very nice touch! It took me a while to get used to it, but now I'm fine with the cars. Every time I step into a new car I've found its much fun to get yourself used to how the car handles, as each one has its own perks!I do feel that the brakes on the car can be a little touchy, but maybe thats just something that you have to get used to. I've been playing San Andreas for a while now, and like the rest of the GTA3 series, the driving style is the same. This new driving style, I think, is much more fun! I've found I've been able to do more tricks in the car now, then in previous versions - it makes driving a lot more fun!

Another note about the bullet damage to cars :( Try to shoot someone while they are driving a moving vehicle, the result is quite entertaining in a twisted gory sense hehe. I was just trying to pop someones tires in a car chase and jerked up randomly, a stray bullet resulted in the back windshield being painted red and the car spiraling out of control. Aaaaaaaaah GTA, how I've missed you

I read the review on IGN.. 10/10 game? When exactly was the last time they gave that review? That alone makes me want to buy an xbox 360 and buy Grand Theft Auto IV and never stop playing haha. I played a little bit at my mates house, and wow it was great. So much fun, awesome visuals and it was so in depth. However, I did see some comparison screen shots between Playstation 3 and xbox 360, and the 360 had better rendering. I don't know what everyone else thinks of this (I guess its the age ol gamer debate) but I would love to test the game on both consoles so I can decide which to buy.In saying all that, I love Wii. If only it was High Definition...

I still have yet to buy it. Last time I went to get it, I didn't have enough money, so I bought Gears of War instead. Has anyone tried out just running around and causing complete havoc with whatever cheats may be available to the public? I mean, the story is fun and all, but the main reason I want the game is to destroy things. :( I'm also really loving the Euphoria engine! It looks sick!

Has anyone tried out just running around and causing complete havoc with whatever cheats may be available to the public? I mean, the story is fun and all, but the main reason I want the game is to destroy things. :( I'm also really loving the Euphoria engine! It looks sick!

You have to be careful when playing with cheats. If you use them and save the game, some achievements are then locked out and you can never complete them. Thats not to say you can't use cheats, just don't save after using them! Or use another profile to play with your cheats!
I have gone out and caused havoc with my shot gun and pistol the other day, that was fun! I still like the storyline, in IV you don't have to stick to the story like the others, you can pick with jobs you want to do and play the game your own way. Saying that, to fully complete the game, you must finish all the missions!

You don't need the cheats to cause havoc at all, just a pistol and some body armor will do nicely, especially if you start some trouble from inside a building and make use of the new cover system to hold the police at the entrance for awhile, by the time you go head to head half the PD will be banging at the door haha.As far as comparisons between the 360 and ps3, I've only played it on the ps3 personally but I've read that the colors are slightly more vibrant on the 360 while there is some slightly better aliasing on the ps3. Neither is drastic enough to warrant buying one over the other really. The 360 DOES have the achievements and I think it might get the option to buy some episodic content that wont be available for ps3, and the ps3 has significantly lower load times (apparently) due to making better use of the hard drive since all ps3's have HD's while all 360's potentially dont. Again that's all just based on what I've read in reviews and whatnot, but in the end I doubt you'll in any way be disappointed with the offering for either system.

Hey guys, I went to their official site or what I think is their official site. I really want to play it but I can't find the pc requirements for the game. Can I play GTA IV on a pc or is it just for playstation or xbox? Here is my pc specifications. Can anyone who have played the game tell me whether I can play it?2.8 Ghz dual core.256 AGP(8X) ati radeon 9550 VGA Card.512 MB DDR1 Ram. I am planing on increasing to 1GB.Do I have what it takes?

Edited by BHerath (see edit history)

I'm getting a ps3 for xmas with the game gta iv. I've played the game before it has the best graphics and it's awesome. There's different vehicles everywhere. There's any car you want, from slow to fast, and a good drifting car to a good handled car. I hope you enjoyed it to. FROM KYLE TANSLEY! 

-reply by kyle tansley

Depends, but mostly yes!Grand Theft Auto Iv

Firstly I agree with all the comments that say that GTA IV is by far one of the best games so far, but before that, it depends what do you use, if PC, then you must be prepared with a godly set, I just let out a random combination but   ATI Radeon HC 1GB , Intel 2Quad Q6700, 3072mb ram is an optimized system for gta IV, in other words it requires a very good system to work well on, but if you have Xbox360 or PS3 or if your computer is as good as I mentioned, then buy it! its worth every dollar! or euro! or what ever, but unlike other boring games like taken or budukai tenkaichi (just saying random not fun games that arent pay worthy) its actualy worth it! its perfect it you like realistic games and intense violence. 

-reply by Lolpingu