xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
timmev

Mario Kart Wii

I'm not sure if there is a topic about this, or even if this is right place to put it, just fix it or remove this if I did something wrong.Who has Mario Kart Wii? I love it, especially the fact that you have so many choices of how to drive whether it be with the steering wheel or nun chuck, auto or manual. It's awesome.Does anyone else have this? If so, what are your favorite um.. raceways? lol. Since I had Mario Kart on 64.. I'm quite partial to the old 64 maps. And Rainbow Road is gold.

I haven't played it yet, but hopefully I will later tonight. A friend of mine who is a Mario Kart master ever since the SNES version just got it and I'm waiting for him to call me back :( I was sort of disappointed in the last gamecube version. I mean gameplay was alright, but I was really disappointed in the multiplayer levels. Some of them were ok, but they weren't as fun to run around in as the n64 multiplayer levels were.I saw some videos of the new Wii version, and I feel like they haven't really done anything to improve the graphics, though when I play it on my friend's HD TV, then I'll be able to write up a full review :P

Well, I just got home from a night of Mario Kart Wii, and I just gotta say... wow :( We were all psyched up about opening it and getting it going, and we were not disappointed.We kicked it off by creating a save file with my friend's Mii character, but for some reason, it won't let us save stats for anyone else while playing on his file, which I am looking into because that sucks. But that's the only downside... here's all the rest...You are started out with 4 cups, with 4 question marks which are left as unlockable, so all in all 4 tracks per cup times 8 cups = 32 tracks. Now, some of these are brand new, and from the ones we saw, are pretty crazy. The cool thing is that they brought back old popular tracks from all the old versions of Mario Kart going as far back as SNES. And they do it WELL. SNES tracks are nearly identical in appearance, and they even have the old music playing...As far as the instruction book, we as men casually tossed it aside, and slowly discovered the new and exciting features of the latest edition of Mario Kart. A lot is similar but they've tweaked a lot and added a bunch. Weapons are mostly different now. There are some that work, and some that do not. They have a lot of throw-back weapons from the old old days, such as a POW, which essentially spins everyone out at once, and references Super Mario 2 and even further back, the original Mario Bros. You really have to keep your eyes open for easter eggs. When you win a cup, you can see 8 bit Mario sprites of him right before it shows you which cup you won. No idea why, but it's fun for nostalgia's sake.Battle mode is much better than the Game cube version because there are lots of levels to play in, and there are options you can fiddle with. Definitely a step in the right direction.Tons of unlockables, we played a couple hours and only managed to get a couple extra cups unlocked.Highly recommended. Nintendo obviously spent a lot of time on this and didn't drop the ball as a lot of other company might have done. A+ for any mario kart fans.

I'm planning to get it soon for my Wii ... I'm also interested in getting Elebits. I'll take a look at these two games. Like Call of Duty 4, Mario Kart Wii was on my must-buy list.Other than that, it's Tiberium and Spore both for PC.xboxrulz