xisto Community
saimius

Increase Your Knowledge Of Html Language

Knowledge of html is very important when creating your website. I've been lucky to have received excellent help in the forum I participate in. I have set up several websites without any problems with all the information I have found available there. You are right tho, without some knowledge of the html, you would be lost.

I didn't find that site that you gave particularly helpful. It gave a few free resources such as free backgrounds and clipart but for HTML and that, I couldn't find the actual content. Knowledge of HTML is crucial when developing a site so therefore I would recommend the site W3Schools.

If you visit my forum I advertise on my website, you will find examples to help you with the html. There's a lot of other great information there too. I learned how to do my signature there how to cloak links to keep others from stealing my referral credits and there's even more. If you need a to z on html this probably isn't what you are looking for, but if you are only in need of basic html to help you build a website, this forum will help you.

I think if you were to create webpages outside of a provider such as Frontpage or even Dreamweaver, you might want to learn HTML... myspace makes it so you have to surf around the net to find the right coding you need, if you don't know how to create anything.With webpages, if you can begin making a basic site, you can also learn as you go. You can setup your page layouts, play around with backgrounds, default font styles, add a few images... and you have yourself a nice little website.If you have some kind of experience or like to play around with programs, then you can have a nice site without the dramatic looks, but nowadays, everyone is trying to outdo each other and also themselves, and it sets the bar high for how sites should look and how they are used... but that doesn't mean that basic sites can't coexist...So I really might have blabbed on, but I am trying to put a spin to the posting... HTML is important, bt with finding everything that is really important to a site, and HTML is a good thing to pick up along the way when developing sites.

I used freewebs to make my website. You can use html or go about it with just copy and paste. It has different editors to choose from. I initially used the copy and paste, but when I wanted to add banneres and different code, I found it better to got in through the html editor. I still copied and pasted a bit. I have the info from the forum to help me out. Still go to it often. :(

I'm about to build another web page from scratch here shortly. I'll let you know how much trouble I had and I'll be using the forum to help me out. I've only done free web sites before, this is my first adventure into paid advertising and web sites.

It wasn't a nice experience. My mentor and I went around and around so much on my mistakes and that was using a basically copy and paste instructions. He expected me to just delete what I didn't need and paste in what I did. The problem was, since I didn't know html, I didn't realize it when I deleted something that was part of the code. I will say I'm a lot smarter about html, I did learn a lot. It was a bad experience but I do have a site up and running. I'm going to be making changes to it tho because I feel it needs more. My mentor and I weren't even talking for a while, but we are now. And I think I burnt him out on ever teaching someone to build a website again. It's no longer is available in our forum. I must have really been a pain. Well it's over and done with, now I have recently done a splash page for 5DM on my own. Well used his source a bit but changed it all around to be mine. I real proud of myself because by playing around yesterday, I finally figured out how to put stuff in the left side column. I am a complete novice, but my knowledge has grown tremendously. I hope he's proud of me. We don't talk about it.

Personally I would reccomend learning html and using it, along with other technologies, instead of using programs like dream weaver or front page regardless. In the beginning surely you can make easier, more professional looking pages using these applications and they DO do what they are made for very well. That said learning html, some basic CSS, and maybe some php or another web technology can allow you to create much more creative and well designed pages and once css is being used the 'speed' boost provided by frontpage or dreamweaver is all but nullified.So yes, while these applications can be used if you don't wish to learn true web design, learning html, css, etc from places like w3schools of tizag.com can really make you a formidable web designer in relatively little time. Hope you have a great time web page making!

I don't think that Dreamweaver specifies external style sheets in a set of pages (site) by default. Even if you reuse the same styles over and over again in multiple pages of the same site, it doesn't know how to create a CSS file. I don't know if you can manually do this via a certain option in its vast, lengthy menus but inline styles aren't exactly the best thing if you reuse styles, in fact CSS was designed to ease designing by applying certain properties to a whole bunch of tags, not just one at a time using style="".

Oh yea, I was moreso just commenting on how a lot of people think dreamweaver makes it faster to develope multiple pages since you can just copy/paste and quickly tweak the differences rather then having to copy code and modify it accordingly. CSS pretty much manages this like you said