xisto Community
badinfluence

Pocket Hard Disk Seagate 5G

hello out there,heard about pocket hard disk.. Seagate 5G.. this drive is really hot.. i've just got it one :) ... one comment in design concept which is very short USB cable...and the cable is not long enough to support USB port... koolz all the memory stick manufacture going to do what?? as this hard disk industry firm growth so much.. really portable.. now i am no worry about to transfer my vedio footages, wave datas, sites datas here and there.. as it provide 5G.. heard this 5G drive also applied in Apple iPod 5G version... it's 1 1/2" inch, circular shape, the cable folded in line, the light signal indication when transferring the data to-and-from desktop..koolzz.... check it out!!

Yeah but its hot u know ?I'd rather get an external harddisk with 200GB ... portable still just heavier..And I have an ultimate cooling casing with in internal fan...Firefire for lightning speed too...:)

hello out there,

heard about pocket hard disk.. Seagate 5G.. this drive is really hot.. i've just got it one  :) ... one comment in design concept which is very short USB cable...and the cable is not long enough to support USB port... koolz all the memory stick manufacture going to do what?? as this hard disk industry firm growth so much.. really portable.. now i am no worry about to transfer my vedio footages, wave datas, sites datas here and there.. as it provide 5G.. heard this 5G drive also applied in Apple iPod 5G version... it's 1 1/2" inch, circular shape, the cable folded in line, the light signal indication when transferring the data to-and-from desktop..

koolzz.... check it out!!

66733[/snapback]

Did anyone read about the Toshiba mini drive. It is smaller than the Seagate one. I don't know exactly but It think it is about 1.8". I might be wrong.

Did anyone read about the Toshiba mini drive. It is smaller than the Seagate one. I don't know exactly but It think it is about 1.8". I might be wrong.

70215[/snapback]

um i think i was reading a little about it somewhere... toms hardware i think although that was early in the morning so im not 100% sure what it said lol... mini HDD's have an advantage over flash in they they normally store more data, howver they are normally heavier even this 5gb one is probably heavier than my flash drive..... i guess its what you need it for, if you do stransfer lots of data then a portable hdd would be handy but if your like most of us and just have a few MP3's and small picture and txt files then the extra cost is not realy worth it, the only time i can see myself really using a heavy full portavle hdd is for backup up my hdd but how often do you do that (not often enough im guessing) you really have to look at what you need it for and how much use your going to get out of it.... i know its strange but i could probably get away with a 30c 1.4mb floppy drive rather than my 256mb memory stick :o