xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Beppo

Dell Xps One The New Dell, Now available in beautiful.

Im planning to buy a Dell XPS One on my birthday, If anyone has some information about it, Could you please tell me? It would be really greatful :(

Yours Truly,

Beppo GooglePhooey

Xisto Member

Have a Great Day!

Oh..I don't really know, I kinda like the overall design in the XPS one, Also the left and right intergrated speakers, And the 2 megpixel webcam with a Micraphone..

Is there a reason you are bashing on Dells? As far as I've seen and heard dell's are perfectly fine, and I've heard the XPS systems are usually pretty solid gaming wise so I can't see it being a horrible choice. On the other hand, you shouldn't choose a system to buy if you need to ask people about it AFTER choosing it, you should research it and others first then make an informed decision :( As far as it looking like an imac clone, meh, if you like the look it doesn't matter if they stole the design or not haha, and as far as actually getting a mac that opens a whole other set of things to consider so yea, I'd say you should research more before you solidly decide which system to purchase.

There is because most of the computers I have repaired are Dells and they break down the fastest. Their drivers sometimes don't work and it gets really messy after a while. It's the biggest pain in the butt systems to repair. Acer and HP are other brands that I have fixed in the past but never had trouble fixing them because they don't fall apart that fast and they have a great driver repository that I know works perfectly and their drivers are constantly updated.(Apparently throughout the years in my highschool, I have replaced the IT team for repairing laptops around the school. People just come to me for laptop repairs and consultation. I never chose to replace them but that was how it worked.)xboxrulz

I work on Macs all day long and love them, but lets not put down the Dell XPS One to strongly yet. I hope that Dell did a better job then Apple did on the iMac. Check out the reports on the monitor issues that seems to be prevalent on quite a few iMacs. I considered purchasing one till I did some research. Just read about a Class Action Suit dealing with a Apple monitor issue on the MacBook and the MacBook Pro. From the way its going the iMac monitor issues won't be too far behind. Bottom line, Apple has its problems too.-reply by Wildman

RE: Post beeps on XPS ONE

First, nothing wrong with the XPS.  Performs fine, loads Windoze, Linux, etc. Fine.  However, at each boot, I get a varying series of beep codes.  In the old days (maybe the new ones too) these indicated a hardware malfunction of sorts.  However, I have no hardware problems.  The codes seem to be related to the number of USB devices plugged in (maybe?).  If I have none, one set comes out.  If I have all USB ports filled, another comes out.

I've tried to be patient asking DELL.  Their "technical" help has been working on this for two weeks.  Every week day I get a telephone call wanting me to do something else.  I told them I've checked memory (individual modules), seating, loose connectors, etc.  All to no avail.

My question to them is simple:  is there a chart for these codes to which I can turn to discover the significance? So far, answer is, we don't know--but we're working on it.

Anyone have any ideas?

It just looks like an iMac look-alike ... I still rather get an iMac over a Dell since it's a Dell and Dells tend to be crappy.
xboxrulz

I really don't think that the hard drive being bigger makes up for the processor being alot less powerfull, however the imac has a very sleek design made out of metal and glass while the XPS is made out of Plastic.

The XPS also has a keyboard with many functions, but it's not as sleek as that of the mac.

And the XPS looks as though it has better speakers and more ports, so less peripherals and /or hubs are required.

Dell:
24" monitor
320GB HD
Intel Core 2 Quad
GMA X4500 HD
CD/DVD Burner
4GB RAM

Mac:
24" Monitor
640GB HD
Intel Core 2 Duo
NVIDIA Geforce 9400M