xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
xboxrulz1405241485

JDBC With Postgresql Cant find org.postgresql.Driver??

So recently I have been trying to connect a PostgreSQL database that I have set up on my local Windows Vista machine (yes, Windows machine, I know it's horrible for servers; still working on getting the darn thing to work on my MacOS X on my laptop). So I initialized the service, and now it's running. However, the problem is that I tried to connect the database using the code below I found on the website where the @author is now. Obviously I had to edit the code so it would work and connect to my server and database.

/* * To change this template, choose Tools | Templates * and open the template in the editor. *//** * * @author http://http://www.faqs.org/docs/ppbook/x20856.htm */import java.sql.DriverManager;import java.sql.Connection;import java.sql.SQLException;public class Test1 {  public static void main(String[] argv) {  System.out.println("Checking if Driver is registered with DriverManager.");    try {	Class.forName("org.postgresql.Driver");  } catch (ClassNotFoundException cnfe) {	System.out.println("Couldn't find the driver!");	System.out.println("Let's print a stack trace, and exit.");	cnfe.printStackTrace();	System.exit(1);  }    System.out.println("Registered the driver ok, so let's make a connection.");    Connection c = null;    try {	// The second and third arguments are the username and password,	// respectively. They should be whatever is necessary to connect	// to the database.	c = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:postgresql://localhost/JTest",									"postgres", "main");  } catch (SQLException se) {	System.out.println("Couldn't connect: print out a stack trace and exit.");	se.printStackTrace();	System.exit(1);  }    if (c != null)	System.out.println("Hooray! We connected to the database!");  else	System.out.println("We should never get here.");  }}

Running this code gives me this error:

init:

deps-jar:

Compiling 1 source file to D:\devel\java\netbeans\PostrgreSQLTEST\build\classes

compile-single:

run-single:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.postgresql.Driver

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:200)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

Checking if Driver is registered with DriverManager.

Couldn't find the driver!

Let's print a stack trace, and exit.

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:276)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:319)

at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)

at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:169)

at Test1.main(Test1.java:19)

Java Result: 1

BUILD SUCCESSFUL (total time: 1 second)

I'm running this via Netbeans 6.0.1 on JDK 1.6.0_05 x64 with PostgreSQL Server 8.3.1. It works with Netbeans but not the code as explained in the image below:

Posted Image

help?

xboxrulz

JDBC With Postgresql - Can

JDBC With Postgresql

Replying to xboxrulz

Hi this is gourav garg, You must have to add the library file of postgres to load the driver's . I did it . If You ant to library then you can contact em on my email

-reply by gourav garg

I don't use NetBeans because in my opinion it is just easier to use Notepad (or other editors if you’re on linux) and batch files rather then learning NetBeans. I have used MySQL on windows and received a similar error. It occurs when the jar "org" is not present in the running folder. For example your class is in C:/.../My Documents/my_class.class. The class org.postgresql.Driver located in either a folder named org or org.jar needs to be moved to C:/.../My Documents/. If you upload my_class.class then you need to also upload org.jar because it is required to run the applet.This should solve your problem.Good Luck,Sparkx

Edited by sparkx (see edit history)