xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
theSman

Opera Vs. Firefox Vs. Internet Explorer What you use?

What you think is the best?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi, theSman,first of all, this post is not a real tutorial, so it should not be in the section "Free Web Hosting > Computers & Tech > How-To's and Tutorials > Internet > Internet Browsers ". That's why I moved it here.Secondly, avoid double-posting, mods have to clean-up and most of them are rather busy. Maybe the reason is that you could not see your own post ? Then you must take care of some facts.If you want your post to be immediately visible, avoid posting in the "How to and tutorial" section. Tutorial have to be reviewed. So, they remain invisible until a moderator reads the tutorial and accepts it (or rejects it). So, for short posts or polls, put them in the normal forum sections and they will be immediately visible and you will immediately be able to have answers.RegardsYordan

I'm a true Opera fan :) . I've been using this browser for a few years (I even used it when it still had advertisements in it) and I'm very happy about it. I've never like the plug-in system that firefox uses, plugins never offer the same level of stability and speed as a built-in functionality. Opera also supports most websites and I honestly can't remember a website that didn't work like it supposed to do. I aslo use most functions Opera offer, mails, rss and sometimes I use a widget for quickly translating texts or doing some measurements :) .

Firefox all the way! From the day I downloaded Firefox back in 2005 I have been utterly satisfied with its performance, usability, functionality, and design. I even have a good friend who works for Firefox. He tells me insider information on update releases and bugs.

I guess I have never tried Opera, so the voting isn't totally as fair as I usually would vote. It is only on my experiences and opinions without using Opera. On the positive side of things, I here Opera is a treat to use. I would most likely try Opera on a PC that I would not really use a lot. I might see using Opera at the moment to be an extra program to mix into a lot of other not useless, but a lot of inactive programs that are just eating up my harddrive space.I think I would replace IE with Opera, but I guess that would also be pointless. I have used Firefox for many years, and I am happy to see that it is the most rated on this post, so far. And I will continue to just happily use my Firefox like a good little follower!As for IE, I use it when I set up websites. I preview my updates in IE along side Firefox... but that is about it. I may use it for sites my wife uses and bookmarks.1 Firefox2 IE3 Opera - only because I have not used it...

I have to say Opera. I'll give a little story here. Back before October 2007, I was using first IE6, then FireFox. I was satisfied with FireFox until it started being problematic with my layouts. It also used far too much memory and even crashed my PC sometimes. When I was forced to reformat my hard drive due to extremely bad malware infection, I tried out the then new Safari web browser for windows. It proved good for a week, after which I stopped, as it was slow, irritating, and generally not very good. I decided to use Opera, since my mobile phone was using Opera mini, the java version of it. I was very pleased with Opera whilst using it, and decided to switch to it and not go back to firefox. Ever since then, it's been good with layouts, firefox and IE6 often both fail at many where it goes by and does them. I suggest using Firefox and Opera to try the acid test, a test of browsers rendering abilities. Opera passes it fully, although firefox produces something recognizable. Summarizing my post, I have used Opera for a while and it gets my vote.

Safari 3.0 Beta was only a step before the massive better release of Safari 3.1 if you haven't checked it out. However, it's not as good as the Mac version (obviously) since Apple still needs to figure out how to use .NET properly. iTunes is already buggy enough.xboxrulz

I love Firefox because its so much safer than Internet Explorer, I remember back in the days of IE6 I would get bombarded with pop-ups, trojans, website hijackers and such. Plus there are so many plugins, skins (themes) and ad-ons for Firefox, and the main reason is that I support and only use ope-source software.

As a user, I do not see too big difference between menshened browsers (IE, Firefox, Opera), but I prefer to use Opera - it is better for viruses and for spy! So, I have choiced Opera in your questionnaire.But as Web programmer, I see some differences (basically, for Javascript). It creates additional headache! :( In my job, Opera usually is not specified to be supported from commercial application and I think, many Web application were created without testing by Opera.So, sometimes I see a message like "Your browser is not suited for viewing the current page" or a strange behavior without any messages.In such situation I am trying to Firefox for this URL address - usually, it helps.On my job in the office, I always make the version of applications for IE 6.0 and only after that I do testing with Firefox. In 90 percents of cases it works. But when it does not work, it is easy to correct with additional Javascript code.I do not remember any project on my job with requirements to support Opera.

Edited by java-area (see edit history)