xisto Community
wanggang

Theworld Browser 2.1 Final

TheWorld Browser is a tiny, fast, yet free, secure and powerful web browser. It features a tabbed interface with multi-threaded frame browser.
TheWorld Browser is uses the Microsoft Internet Explorer engine. We currently support Windows 98/me/2000/xp/Vista.

TheWorld Browser 2.0 has a new, powerful multi-threaded window frame, which prevents the browser from freezing. Even if one webpage is unresponsive, the rest will not be affected. In developing TheWorld Browser 2.0, we have rewritten and rebuilt all the codes and modules from version 1.x. The new framework is built to provide you with richer internet browsing experience.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

It looks nice, i will try it and see what happens. I'm especially interested in its multi-threaded functionality.

BTW, it is not the only browser that uses the internet explorer engine, there exists a lot of this kind of browsers out there. Another browser that i remember right now is the Greenbrowser.

Best regards,

I don't know why people keep creating more browsers, with the same engines, heh, as I remember it only takes 5 minutes to create a browser with C# using the IE engine, same is with creating your own media player :)Why can't they create an email client or an irc client for windows instead.. a normal one and not another useless client :)

It's clear this guy just copy and pasted from their website in an effort to get free credits.

I see this sort of thing all the time, do I need to call people out for this sort of thing or are mods on this sort of thing behind the scenes,

if they are they should post some sort of reprimand in the thread so other users will know not to repeat this kind of behavior?

Information that you peel off a website needs to be in quotations.

This website is designed to foster discussion about technology-related advancements, research, products etc, but it's not a place to spam topics that are technology related and you found by using google.

if you want to make use of the services offered here please at least have enough respect to do the following:

1) try not to pull the wool over our eyes, most of the real users here are tech-savvy enough to know about copy and paste and are also intelligent enough to know that a user with 14 posts who hasn't been hosted yet is probably just spamming, (especially when you are the most recent poster for a handful of topics, each of which your post consists of 3 lines of text.

2) at least try to contribute something thoughtful rather than just putting a link to a new product, great, groovy, sounds real cool-- but why did you discover it, what made you interested in it, do you use this program, does it live up the hype. This is something after about a month of occasionally posting and lurking I've come to realize is fairly common. New users specifically, but that doesn't limit this generalization to just new users, either, tend to post about something making no analysis whatsoever, instead just asking other people to begin discussing the topic-- you realize that by doing this you have only _started_ a conversation, and have _contributed_ absolutely nothing to it, and in this specific case what you did to start a conversation is actually plagiarism-- a crime in an academic environment.

I realize this post will probably get no attention here, and there are countless numbers of posts just like it,

but I feel like in order for this community to really grow threads like this one need to be made an example of,

we have a chance to make a post-to-host site really work and possibly even serve as a library/reference for web-newbies,

I don't just say this to invoke some sort of Asta-host nationalism or anything, I say it because I've taken the time to

read some of the tutorials have posted and, granted some are again obviously ploys to get credits,

some of them are actually very good. Nothing beats good tutorials by users, nothing else gets close to that kind of detail;

but we won't ever reach that status unless we make a conscious effort to raise the bar of post quality.

Regards,

the (one, the only) Doc.

EDIT: you don't need to count this post towards my credits, Thanks.

Edited by Doc.h0llyw00d (see edit history)

I don't know why people keep creating more browsers, with the same engines, heh, as I remember it only takes 5 minutes to create a browser with C# using the IE engine, same is with creating your own media player :)
Why can't they create an email client or an irc client for windows instead.. a normal one and not another useless client ;)

Five minutes ? I've seen a C# noob making a browser in less than a minute :) .

The multi-threaded part sounds great, but I doubt it's efficiency. I've seen a lot of statement like this and only a few time they where correct. Looking at some screenshots it looks like this browser has some potential (considering it has features comparable to some very popular firefox plugins), but I'm afraid that the use of the IE-core will limit the amount of people that'll be interested in this browser.

@wanggang: if you copy things from website to make it look interesting, than at least copy the interesting parts:

Powerful Tools Built in tools like: Flash filter, unlock page script limited, zoom, Proxy quick switching, Auto complete, Quick media saver, Privacy guard, Mouse gestures, Custom hotkeys and Drag & drop support, make TheWorld one of the most powerful browsers around.

Well, after some initial tests i made i can say that this browser has some interesting features and works very well, so, i will test it in more depth, and posibly i will use as a replacement of internet explorer.BTW, i know that with Visual Basic you can create your own browser too in less than 5 minutes :) Best regards,

This is quite impressive for a browser using IEFRAME.DLL, as most I see have only got the bare minimum of features and are very poor, this is certainly better, the best IEFRAME.DLL based browser I've seen.

All right. I'll correct it.

You said thet you would correct it, but I did not see the quotes. :)Please be polite next time and add the quotes. And be careful, if your warning level keeps increasing the admins around here will believe that you are cheating and you will never obtain hosting at Xisto.

I guess making a browser must be a way for new programmers to learn to use engines. It does however promote people to look around for engines rather then making their own program from scratch. I have to be honest (i don't want to be mean) but I cannot find anything that makes this web browser better then internet explorer. Also why do Google searches open to a new tab? Is their a way to make it so they open to the same tab (in options est.)? Why don't you just make a new theme for Internet explorer rather then making people download a new browser (unless there is some difference in the program big enough for people to switch).Just Suggestions,Sparkx

I really don't like having people creating browsers around the IE engine. Many people know it's broken, and the fact that it's slow. It'll be much better if they used KHTML, WebCore or Gecko instead and they are all open source.xboxrulz