xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Cain1405241557

Best Required Homepage For Ie.

Each time it's possible, I put a blank page as starter page for my Internet explorer. So, when I want to go to a "normal" site, my Internet Explorer page comes very fast. And when I want to perform some goggling, I'm so familiar with https://www.google.de/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=BwkjVKfAD8uH8QfckIGgCQ&gws_rd=ssl that I type it fery fast.By the way, you are wrong on a funny point : you posted this in the How-to and tutorial forum. And this is not really a tutorial. What ne name "tutorial" is a rather long post, for instance step-by-step instructions for performing something rather complicated. A one-and-a-half line text we don't weigh as a tutorial, even if it's as interesting as yours. :)That's why I moved your topic here.RegardsYordan

I use the google toolbar (best thing ever imo) so I don't need to set my homepage to google's.But speaking of toolbars, I hate when you install free software and they ask you if you want to install their toolbar, like daemon-tools, windows live, and you see of course the yahoo toolbar ad in a lot of setups.. I don't know why I feel those are like malware or something, why would it be so important if someone uses your toolbar? maybe to get more clicks? anyway, my real question is, should I feel the same about google?I really love google, gmail and the toolbar. Gmail is the best webmail ever, really fast and AJAX it's way better than hotmail. The toolbar gives you a lot of handy functions, like the mail checker (gmail), highlighting of search themes (what I use the most), and the ability to add custom search buttons, so it's a great piece of software, plus sometimes it comes bundled with firefox. But after giving it a second though, I'm not sure if this toolbar is any different from the yahoo, or other toolbars out there, the ones I feel like they're going to install stuff in my pc... hopefully not, though I know google gathers information about the sites you visit and stuff, for the pagerank, which I find useful, and you're prompted to choose if you want pagerank or not, so it's ok i guess.Now for homepage I have my own site. But I'm looking for something like the Opera's homepage, where you see screenshots (in real time) of a lot of sites you add there, so you just click the site you want to visit and that's it. It's like having multiple homepages in just one tab... Not like IE7 multiple homepages in different tabs, lol.Anyway, for those of you who doesn't have google as homepage nor the toolbar, and usually type "https://www.google.de/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=BwkjVKfAD8uH8QfckIGgCQ&gws_rd=ssl; really fast, lol, maybe you should consider using bookmarks, I use them a lot.. its easy just having a button labeled "gmail" than typing "mail.google.com" if you know what I mean.So, anyone knows a homepage that is:- lightweight: very fast load time.- editable, like, you could add your own sites and having them listed there, for quick access.- adfree, because, honestly I hate ads :) (but then hosting that kind of site would be useless for the creator)i think that's it, I don't want to use opera all the time, I feel good using firefox and don't want to switch just because of the homepage... hehe. Anyway, any info regarding the homepage or the toolbar stuff, please feel free to give your opinion :)

If you need a homepage to access your sites quickly and is editable, design your own in HTML. It isn't too hard and has unlimited customization. You can add as many links as you want and you can get iframes to display RSS feeds in, etc.

By the way, Opera's speed dial is not a home page, but it can be used as one.

Personally, my home page in all browsers is Facebook, because that's the site I use most often. Exception is in Firefox, I have the Facebook toolbar, so I don't need it as my home page. Instead, I have dell.ca as my homepage.

And yes, I type https://www.google.ca/?gws_rd=ssl very fast also. :)

Use about:blankIf u dont need any specific site everytime u log in I mean if u use different sites all the time.If u need to go to social networking sites all the time then either put one with less traffic as homepage or put the one u visit most.I personally think Google.com is bestAs it is just HTML u dont need much time loading. It doesnt have any big onload script so there is a lesser possiblity of a crash if u are using a low config PC.Yahoo is most popular one. But I strongly recommend not to use it as it has too much stuff & needs a really bad time on a slow PC & even on fast PCS it is not a great choice

I do the same as Rutu. I see little points in homepages myself. In most cases, there isn't a routine of site's to visit when one is on the internet. Google is ok, but the best, in my opinion is opera's "Speed Dial" homepage that let's you click a link to go to a site.

I don't use a homepage either, when I open my browser I usualy visit different sites, so it has no point to load (and use precious bandwith) a webpage I won't use. I don't use the opera's speed dial feature either, typing the adres or pressing the favicon in my menu bar works great too :)